An aptitude towards cameras or audio equipment is important Nuttersons is a design agency consisting of a small team of designers and developers who provide a broad range of creative services to clients all over the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice videographer and video editor to work alongside our team. The right candidate must be a self-starting individual, with good organisational and written skills. They must have an appetite for producing great-looking, effective videos.
Job Title: Apprentice Videographer & Video Editor
Reporting To: Graphic designer
Job Location: Manchester, City Centre
Salary: £120 per week + Annual bonus
Holidays: 20 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
Main Purpose of Job
We are looking for someone with a passion for design and a keen interest in video for web. You will be working as part of a small team. Your primary roles will be to communicate with team members and clients, and to ensure all projects are completed effectively and efficiently. Your time will be spent filming in various locations and editing the videos. You need to be organised, creative and show initiative. You need to work with minimal direction and be comfortable taking the creative lead.
1. Assembling all raw footage in preparation for inputting into the computer
2. Creating videos for web
3. Assisting with expanding our videography services through developing sources of new business
4. Assisting with installing and maintaining hardware and software
5. Managing projects from beginning to end. Including initial contact, quotations, closing sales, concepts, production, signing off, updates and reviews
6. Communicating regularly with other team members
7. Communicating via email with clients, and telephone when required
8. Conception and implementation of own creative ideas
9. Consulting with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process
10. Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
11. Develop initial story or concept into a production-feasible, fully planned project
12. Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable
13. Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
14. Manage actors (if involved) and ensure that all personnel deliver their best performance for the good of the completed picture or show
15. Meeting agreed deadlines
16. Organising video shoots
17. Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing
18. Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video
19. Researching potential clients for new business opportunities
20. Suggesting or selecting music
21. To work both independently and as part of a team
22. Using social media to engage potential clients and analysing social media engagement
23. Work with the director of videography and director of audiography to deliver the project from a technical perspective
24. Working as part of a team to produce high quality, consistent video to tight deadlines
25. Writing voiceover/commentary
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional duties of a similar responsibility level as and when required.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in photography for print and web. We want someone who has experience using camera and editing software alike. We need someone with excellent communication skills and the desire to work hard, be creative, learn new things and develop their skill sets.
Essential Skills / Experience / Qualities:
· No formal qualifications required
· Experience using video equipment
· Experience using computers
· Experience using Microsoft Office products (word and Excel)
· Experience using websites
· Experience sending emails
· Experience editing videos using industry standard / popular video editing software e.g. Final cut / Sony Vegas / Adobe Premiere and or after effects
· Experience in filming and editing
· Accuracy and consistency as a photographer
· A passion for video
· Be practical with a keen eye for detail
· Capacity for learning technical skills
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good communication skills, writing skills and people skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Good IT skills
· Good organisational and time management skills.
· Able to correctly prioritise tasks
· Ambitious and motivated
· Enthusiastic about all aspects of work
· Positive attitude, persistent and resilient
· Willing to travel occasionally
· Must be keen to progress, learn and adapt to new environments and challenging situations
· Not afraid to get involved in a project outside of a traditional skill set
Beneficial Skills / Experience / Qualities:
· Experience editing images
· Experience organising photography shoots
· Dealing with customers (in person / via email / on the phone)
· Previous experience of working to tight deadlines
· Interest in videos for web
· Knowledge of marketing
· Sales experience
· Ability to work under pressure
· Willingness to learn new skills and rise to new challenges
· The persistence to work hard to achieve the best possible outcome
· Experience of breaking down large projects into smaller tasks and prioritise them accordingly
· Understanding of cost and best value
· Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients
· Own camera equipment e.g. high end camcorder or DSLR and lenses/accessories
This vacancy is part of the government apprenticeship programme. The successful candidate will spend one day a week at college, and four days a week in our offices gaining first-hand experience.
The successful candidate will follow the Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media. This is designed to give apprentices the skills to work in film industry, either as a videographer or as a video editor.
The Apprenticeship programme lasts one year, and on completion the apprentice will have gained valuable qualification and will be offered a full-time graphic design role.
The Apprenticeship covers the following:
· Television and film (including editing, camera work, animation, programme production, presentation)
· Radio (including writing, production, advertising, interviewing)
· Sound recording (including audio production, soundtrack production, music techniques, music recording)
· Interactive media (including design, digital video production, web animation, web authoring, digital communication)
· Employability skills
· Transferable skills
At the end of the programme apprentices will have achieved:
· Level 3 Certificate in Creative and Digital Media
· Level 3 Diploma in Creative and Digital Media
· Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT
· Employee Rights and Responsibilities
· Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What are the career opportunities?
On completion of this apprenticeship, apprentices will have many opportunities to develop within the following areas:
· Video Editing
How to apply
If you are interested in applying please send a covering letter and a CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 21 March 2014
No Agencies, please.