Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The joys of running a forum

Blog Entries

Default The joys of running a forum

Just a quickie. Threatening me with legal action unless I remove posts is not cool. I'm more than happy to delete an account or posts and typically do this within 24 hours of a request. No need for any nastiness. I run this forum just for fun at my own expense.

I don't know what to say other than you have my support.

Blog Entries

I'm sure that goes for all of us. Thanks Marc.
    Tim

Same for me

Great job

one evening last May my wife came home and found that her show horse had broken his leg in the field - the vet got there shortly after I did - performed a few X-rays - and told us we needed to say goodbye

our lives changed dramatically because he had not only been very successful in top-level national competitions but had also been very ill (performance horses are fragile) and our days had revolved around him for several years - making sure he drank enough (my wife taught him to bob for treats) - watching him on a video camera at night (I set up two webcams in the barn and ran them to a laptop on my wife's bed table) - he was my best friend and much more to my wife

I took some time off work when he died and on a whim ordered some ducks (you may have seen them in my posts) - they brought some much-needed life to a quiet barn

i have a lot of footage of him and hope to make something nice with it - I'm hoping that this forum will still be around when I do
    Last edited by zamiotana; 03-02-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Ill threaten Marc with legal actions if you post any duck videos here....

Hey, wait..... somebody actually threatened Marc with legal actions because of a forum post!!!! This person needs more creativity exercises for sure!

I believe the legal rules changed regarding posting, the person posting is now responsible not the forum.

Always been nice helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Ill threaten Marc with legal actions if you post any duck videos here....
    Pffffffffffftttttt!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Just a quickie. Threatening me with legal action unless I remove posts is not cool. I'm more than happy to delete an account or posts and typically do this within 24 hours of a request. No need for any nastiness. I run this forum just for fun at my own expense.
    Good luck. What was it?
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Blog Entries

A load of fuss over, in my opinion, nothing. Someone took offence, took things a tad too seriously and wanted all reference to themselves removed from the site. People often want themselves removed - normally the accounts of 20 something's that want their teenage posts removed. If was the first time someone was threatening. (Although I have been accused of being a power hungry ruler with no regard for users before.)

for or me the sites a bit of fun. A little hobby. I wish I had more time to write silly little reviews and guides, but unfortunately most of my spare time is tied up in nappies. It was a few guides and reviews that got the site started, so one day I'd like to get back to that. I do see a gap for no-nonsense, simple reviews by people that are messing around for fun.

I'm sure I speak for many users/members that I'm sorry you're on the receiving end of threats. Everyone's busy with either work or family, especially you, so please don't take it on the chin. I hope you're thick skinned enough by now to realise that a huge % of threats on forums are empty ones.
    Everyone and their mother's a big shot on the keyboard
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast