Thread: Power Director Bitrate - help needed

Talking Power Director Bitrate - help needed

Hi

Hope someone can help - I have used AVS video editor for previous video projects, don't like it much, but I have found the settings I appear to need to produce my long videos in MP4 format and keep file sizes down and quality decent.

But I have now got "Powerdirector" which seems a much better program, but it wont allow me to use the same low bitrate settings that I set up in AVS.

I am trying to set the following -

MP4
    1280 x 720
    bitrate 1250 Kbps

But Powerdirector wont let me set a lower bitrate than 6000kbps and keep 1280 x 720 - which makes my file sizes huge in comparison.

any advice REALLY appreciated

I wouldn't dream of having such low bit rates. Why do you need the file size so small ? If it's that much of a problem try lowering the resolution/size to SD this will make the files size smaller.

I am shooting video for my instructional video films. Which customers download and play on computers etc full screen.

each film is 1 1/2 to 2 hrs long. and I try to keep the file size below 1.5 GB

I have done them in the past in AVS video editor at 1280 x 720 and a bitrate of 1250 kbps (MP4) and that gives me a very good compromise between quality and file size, I know its not perfect image quality but files around 3gb + would just not be feasible for lots to download.

As you can see I am a real novice at this so really willing to learn

Which version of PowerDirector is being used? V12 is available in several forms http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...are_en_US.html
    I have never used it, but am surprised there is no option to ignore the presets; and to create your own profile (which may include bitrate).