Thread: How to remove vocals from the Mp3 Song with complete accuracy.

Default How to remove vocals from the Mp3 Song with complete accuracy.

Hi,

I need to remove vocals from an MP3 file completely, can anyone help me doing that. I want to remove the vocals for Navrai Majhi Song from English Vinglish Movie. Please help me in removing the vocals. I am new to vocal removing. Please help.

Link for the audio Song for which the vocal has to be removed.

http://sound30.mp3slash.net/indian/e...ai%20Majhi.mp3

Although there is "vocal removing software" I don't think this can be done to any sort of satisfaction.

You only chance will be something like Karaoke software that mutes frequencies of the human voice. Something like a bandwidth filter or both low pass and high pass filter.

unless I am completely mistaken (which happens frequently) you can subtract the left track from the right track (or vice versa) and you will end up with the music and no vocals

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    unless I am completely mistaken (which happens frequently) you can subtract the left track from the right track (or vice versa) and you will end up with the music and no vocals
    This works on the basis that the voice, and only the voice, is mixed dead center and nothing else is. Apparently this is often the case.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This works on the basis that the voice, and only the voice, is mixed dead center and nothing else is. Apparently this is often the case.
    That is my understanding as well and I believe you can use this trick to create karaoke music for yourself (as long as the vocal was mixed dead center in the original recording as Tim pointed out)

I think its worth giving it a try at least

One of my all-time favorite songs that I enjoy singing along with (and simultaneously dancing to) is Barry Gray's "Fireball" -- this is one song that I would really like to have as a karaoke version so I might just try this technique myself
    Last edited by zamiotana; 02-18-2014 at 07:27 PM.

OP needs to satisfy himself about Copyright, but having said that I don't think the vocals need to be "Dead-centre" as Sony includes a "Vocal Eraser" (not that I've used it), but I suspect it would be easy enough to shift the vocal-centre to effect the Removal, if it was slightly offset.
    However, it's unlikely to be 100% ( I guess), - but if you are going to replace the vocals, then anything remaining will be masked effectively.

Look on Sony's creative website also at Spectral Layers which claims it can "Unmix the cake" - examples I watched appear to need a fresh mind-set.