Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video titles in Sony moviestudio 12

Default Video titles in Sony moviestudio 12

I'll get the title all set up but can't get it centered right vertically. Sometimes the font I choose won't be what shows up on the finished product. Any experts here?

Blog Entries

Bit tricky as I've only got Pro, but we have a number of "totl" type effects - which one are you using?
    When you change the font, are you actually selecting the text (highlighting it) first.

Any chance you can post a screen grab so we can take a look at exactly what is going on?
    Tim

I'm assuming you have Movie Studio Platinum 12. The basic Movie Studio skipped v 12 as far as I know.

A bit unclear to me as well, but I think you have trouble with the placement and/or aligning.
    After you've selected the text in Titles & Text to justify use Text: Align Left/Center/Right buttons and
    open Location (click the triangle arrow to open) and drag the point in the position box or type the coordinates in there.
    In (Legacy) Text justify in Edit tab as in T&T, place in Placement tab.
    Credit Roll is a bit trickier, so start with these.

Full instructions if you click the Plug-in Help "?" in the respective Media Generator windows.

MSP uses fonts available in Windows. Most TrueType fonts should work, but the users have come across some fonts that do have issues.

Most TrueType fonts should work, but the users have come across some fonts that do have issues.
    This is true even in the Pro version. There are some fonts which Vegas just doesn't recognise, I don't know why.

Text is not a strong feature IMHO, with Movie Studio Platinum - ( I've yet to discover how to underline, for example, without having the underscore on another Generated Media.) . Personally I find there are too many Fonts that are very similar - and no easy mechanism to view them before choosing.
    It would be nice to have a Restricted Type bin, where all the characters can be viewed . . . I've got a whole screen doing nothing - why do we faf about with only the Text-Edit panel?

Also the spacing needs quite an effort, to get it "right" . yet there are no convenient preset-buttons to achieve this, so it is consistent. A recent 4-minute vid used nearly 100 Generated Media pieces . . . . Arrgh!
    Last edited by vidmanners; 02-15-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    ...there are too many Fonts that are very similar - and no easy mechanism to view them before choosing
    Create a shortcut to open and preview in Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts. You can delete fonts there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    ...there are no convenient preset-buttons
    Have you tried to create and save custom presets?

Thanks vkmast,
    I spotted that Presets are available, it's just that having some "Radio Buttons" would make it so much easier to keep the "Look and Feel" of a typical Project. ( By this I mean one that adheres to the "House-Style" such as might be employed by a Wedding videographer.
    By using Movie Studio Presets they would all be available and rather like the Fonts-Issue. We'd have to trawl through quite a few that were set-up for other Projects.

I'm disappointed that Movie Studio doesn't permit the use of Styles -( and this could present a few Radio-Buttons for the Fonts.... and Font-effects, like shadows.) . . . . which would help present a "unified look".

I'll try to review my fonts, as suggested.

vidmanners, have you actually tried to create and save your own custom presets? I probably don't see what you are after, but I'd think the custom presets (and using copy&paste with generated media events) would indeed help you. Play with the options in the media generator window and save to see if it works for you too. Your own presets (name them as you like) will appear along with all of the other presets in the Media Generators window.

I usually just create the first text boxt...then it´s copy/paste/modify till the end.... as I can´t see why change font styles along one single video.

Tony,
    that's my workflow too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast