Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MUSIC-VIDEO: [Our latest work] A Faroese love story...

Lightbulb MUSIC-VIDEO: [Our latest work] A Faroese love story...

I would like to present our latest work. A music-video filmed in the remote Faroe Islands. I wrote a rather long description on Vimeo. But to sum it up: The music-video is about two lovers in the Faroe Islands during the turn of the 19th century.

Hope you enjoy it. Feedback is very much welcomed. If you have any questions feel free to ask

-I might add, that because the lyrics are somewhat sexual, a bit of skin is also seen in the video.

Enjoy!

Polar Films Entertainment

I don't see anything wrong except from wearing sunglasses

Thank you Ray. Well about those sunglasses. The poor guy was knocked over by a big guy by accident a few days before, he fell and hit the corner of his eye in the concrete pavement so it was all red and nasty. There was nothing we could do. And it was the last possible day to film the band, while all of them were in the country. So yeah.

An excellent job. Perfectly shot and edited.

You must be very proud of it.

Beautiful. I definitely don't tire of seeing this and learned a lot about landscape shooting around a single person from watching this.

What was it shot on, lenses and how did you get a real steady shot movement shot around her early on?
    Last edited by gorillaonabike; 02-14-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! In reply to Gorilla:

Glad you learned something! We shot the entire video on a SONY-FS100 with the following lenses:

SONY Alpha 24-70mm f/2.8
    SONY Alpha 70-400mm f/4-5.6
    TOKINA Alpha 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X

The shot around the girl at the start was done with a 100centimeter long slider mounted on two tripods. How it was that steady? Our cameraman's pure strenght! He pushed downwards while moving the camera aswell. His last name being Samson nothing less was expected of him! hahaha But to be honest, we were a little surprised ourselves when we got home to look at the footage, it was VERY windy at that edge, you couldint stand still because the wind was blowing too hard. So I guess luck, strenght, skill, and determination (it took more than one take to get it proper) all played a little part in that shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Films Entertainment View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments! In reply to Gorilla:

Glad you learned something! We shot the entire video on a SONY-FS100 with the following lenses:

SONY Alpha 24-70mm f/2.8
    SONY Alpha 70-400mm f/4-5.6
    TOKINA Alpha 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X

The shot around the girl at the start was done with a 100centimeter long slider mounted on two tripods. How it was that steady? Our cameraman's pure strenght! He pushed downwards while moving the camera aswell. His last name being Samson nothing less was expected of him! hahaha But to be honest, we were a little surprised ourselves when we got home to look at the footage, it was VERY windy at that edge, you couldint stand still because the wind was blowing too hard. So I guess luck, strenght, skill, and determination (it took more than one take to get it proper) all played a little part in that shot.
    OMG!!!!! I thought that was RAW!!!!! That colouring was amazing. I'm going to buy a C100 or FS100 next because it's just too good.

Did you shoot flat and colour in post or was this shot in-camera and tweaked afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by gorillaonabike View Post
    OMG!!!!! I thought that was RAW!!!!! That colouring was amazing. I'm going to buy a C100 or FS100 next because it's just too good.

Did you shoot flat and colour in post or was this shot in-camera and tweaked afterwards?
    Thank you But I just want to say; camera is 5/10% of the product, at the most!. It just cannot exceed those numbers, no matter what. Technical skill, feel, experiance, preperation, creativity, strenght/quality of the actual product that is to be made and ofcourse a bunch of willing and detecated people is what really counts. No camera will be a magicfix if those things are not presant.

With that said; and having a very good colorgrader, we don't relay too much on the camera capture, because it can always be tweaked. So we mostly use a flat profile and get exacly what we want in post. Being a company we can keep it very tight, knowing what we are after before we start filming, and sticking to that concept and vison all the way until the product is out of the door.
    Last edited by Polar Films Entertainment; 02-18-2014 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Films Entertainment View Post
    Thank you But I just want to say; camera is 5/10% of the product, at the most!. It just cannot exceed those numbers, no matter what. Technical skill, feel, experiance, preperation, creativity, strenght/quality of the actual product that is to be made and ofcourse a bunch of willing and detecated people is what really counts. No camera will be a magicfix if those things are not presant.

With that said; and having a very good colorgrader, we don't relay too much on the camera capture, because it can always be tweaked. So we mostly use a flat profile and get exacly what we want in post. Being a company we can keep it very tight, knowing what we are after before we start filming, and sticking to that concept and vison all the way until the product is out of the door.
    Yes, sure, and if you look at my stuff, I completely agree: https://vimeo.com/paulrwalker/review...935/ccf932163f

However, I did not know this type of look was possible without RAW and am seriously impressed at your grader who has done a beautiful job (and the DoP, naturally).

I would like to use this opportunity to ask for your support, by voting on our video for the "SONY PRODUCTION AWARDS 2014".

The way the competition works; is that in 3 weeks time the top 5 videos with the most votes in each category (Factual, Creative and Student), will progress to the judges-panel where a winner in each category will be selected. By voting on us, you are helping us reach the finals where experts and professionals in the business will decide which video is the best this year.

LINK: https://productionawards.sony.eu/vid...4#.Uytw1vl_vHV

Thank you for your support. (and another very special thanks, if you would share this, wherever you roam).

-
    Polar Films Entertainment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast