Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first after effects project

Default my first after effects project

hey all so this is my first after effects project. it a gun fight scene, i hope you like it, please tell me your impression of it, was it good, was it bad, as if for a first project, tell me if i had mistakes,what can i do to make it better ...etc

Acting could need some improvement but the effects were not too bad. The holes in the wind shield moved and the car in the accident was obviously cut in (though funny) as there was no road to drive on (no driver?) and the lighting did not fit. You also missed to cut out the background from the car window.

I'm sorry I just found the whole thing very disturbing taking into account where you are located. I understand you are just kids playing around and it's more about me than you.

Guess LEGO is not very common there.....

Well, a bit disturbing to me too (enough violence in this world to repeat it in the screen)....but, it was funny at certain times. The guy in the stripes survived 5 shots from 1 meter of distance and died smashed by a car in high speed inside a parking lot! Go figure!!

The effects looked very good to me, but Im not a good source of opinnion since Im a zero at AE;

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm sorry I just found the whole thing very disturbing taking into account where you are located. I understand you are just kids playing around and it's more about me than you.
    what did you find disturbing i can't understand. please explain to me

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Acting could need some improvement but the effects were not too bad. The holes in the wind shield moved and the car in the accident was obviously cut in (though funny) as there was no road to drive on (no driver?) and the lighting did not fit. You also missed to cut out the background from the car window.
    you're right acting was bad :P the holes moved because the camera was moving so i couldn't make it much better,about the car hit, i know it didn't fit well because the garage was too small in it and i really wanted to make a car hit in this video, as a first video it looks fine.my next video will be definitely better, thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Anas Sabeeh View Post
    the holes moved because the camera was moving
    It looks correct @0:31 (single hole in car body), But very wrong at 0:27 (multiple holes in rear window). I assume the OP knows how to move the 'holes' layer, but forgot to do it.

The clip shows a modern equivalent of a playfight using spud guns; and includes some video effects. A few few blood splats later and I was hoping it would develop into a theme; such as Monty Python's "Sam Peckinpah's -Salad Days" sketch, where the excessive violence is cleverly made to appear humourous.
    Sadly, by not making the clip intentionally funny; then the viewer is faced with a disturbing scene where children are using firearms. And the clip does not convey any social, moral or political message.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    It looks correct @0:31 (single hole in car body), But very wrong at 0:27 (multiple holes in rear window). I assume the OP knows how to move the 'holes' layer, but forgot to do it.

The clip shows a modern equivalent of a playfight using spud guns; and includes some video effects. A few few blood splats later and I was hoping it would develop into a theme; such as Monty Python's "Sam Peckinpah's -Salad Days" sketch, where the excessive violence is cleverly made to appear humourous.
    Sadly, by not making the clip intentionally funny; then the viewer is faced with a disturbing scene where children are using firearms. And the clip does not convey any social, moral or political message.
    what do you mean by (OP).
    as for the children fighting with guns. this is my first video and i just wanted to see how it would look like with visual effects.well, it turned out well,(at least for me)
    its just a video, i don't mean anything offensive by it, i'm sorry if it was

Sorry, "OP" meant "original poster". I was referring to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Sorry, "OP" meant "original poster". I was referring to you.
    ahh ok, it was really hard to mave it correctly because the camera was too shaky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast