Thread: Editing CoD - Opinions pls

Default Editing CoD - Opinions pls

Hello all,

I am 17 years and i want be a Motion Designer more late ! So, i've started use After Effects for know how this programs work.
    And for this, I edited various clips on the serie : Call of Duty.
    Please leave your opinions for this edit, it's just my seconde edit !

Description : Realised in 3 days, and this time i've only used After Effects.
    Leave your opinions, your advices, ect... for I upgrade on my next edit !
    I hope you like this edit !

If you want look my first edit for see the eventual progress !

Thanks a lot !

I do not know that game, so I am unsure what editing was done. Whilst it shows that AE could be used standalone to do the complete production, most (or all) of what I can see in this clip might be just as easily done in Premiere or Vegas. Of course, AE comes with lots of FXs; but its principle power comes from, e.g. its ability to a track's effects parameters with effects on other layers.
    As an exercise, it is ok; but there is an elements of having dug a hole using a spoon instead of a shovel.
    I realise that there games tend to have jerky graphics. I find these short, abrupt and irregular movements in the camera position unsettling. What framerate was the footage captured at? And how might you use AE to smooth the movement?

Unless my monitor is out of spec. the color needs adjusting. As in it's too washed out and the sand is too bright (or over saturated). And I second the above that it could have been smoothed a bit.

Looks like the whites are blown out for me. I tend(ed) to increase the gamma value for gaming such that I have better sight in the darks. Maybe that's the mistake here. Content-wise it wasn't more than scope, boom, scope, boom, ... for me but I saw some nice transitions.