Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horror Short Movie Trailer - Made by myself

Default Horror Short Movie Trailer - Made by myself

Hey,

I've been developing a trailer for an horror short movie for 2 weeks, he's the result by far:

The content is in Portuguese, you may not understand, but let me know what you think about the footage/edition, since I'm really amateur, and let me know what I can improve.

Edited with: After Effects CS6
    Filmed with: Canon 600d

It just didn't seem scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    It just didn't seem scary to me.
    +1 - nothing there to scare me.

Blog Entries

The images don't tell us anything. They certainly don't look like excerpts from a thriller or horror film.

You need to add tension or shock.

Shock is easy, blood, body parts, screaming. It's also not very original, every teenager does it.

Tension is harder. You need to give the impression that the viewer knows something the actors don't. For example, give the impression that the actor is being followed, noises which he can't identify, something moving on the edge of his vision, something lurking in the shadows.

Hm, yeah, I'm sure it doesn't look scary to anyone, since it was my first experience with horror effects and it was recorded in a garage we weren't available to make it scary, so we just wanted to make it as an introdution to the ambiente/story.

And thanks a lot Rembrandt Rob, you said exactly what I wanted to see, so I can improve it next time.
    Btw, let me know what you guys think about the recordings: camera angles, positioning, lights, etc, since I have almost no experience about that and I don't know where I should start from learning.

In the majority of shots the camera wasn't leveled. Did you do this by intension? The stroller was much to fast for me to look somehow natural.

Well, it was my first on-field experience, and I don't know exactly how to level the camera properly, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Maia View Post
    Well, it was my first on-field experience, and I don't know exactly how to level the camera properly, any tips?
    As you ask, I would focus on the basics by focusing properly.

Secondly, it was grainy. Maybe use some lights and get the exposure right.

How about that for a start?
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Maia View Post
    I don't know exactly how to level the camera properly, any tips?
    Lots of tripods have a leveling bubble thingy to exactly position the camera. Furhtermore look for horizontal line e.g. on doors or where walls touch the ceiling and adjust your camera accordingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Lots of tripods have a leveling bubble thingy to exactly position the camera. Furhtermore look for horizontal line e.g. on doors or where walls touch the ceiling and adjust your camera accordingly.
    Sorry to disagree with you Ray, but alignment to vertical lines makes much more sense. Verticals are always vertical (unless you're introducing a deliberate tilt). Horizontal lines are only horizontal if you are filming them square on (which is only useful if you are looking for a very "flat" shot.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast