Thread: Sony Vegas Timecode (Count down timer)

Default Sony Vegas Timecode (Count down timer)

Hi,

I'm looking to have a professional looking countdown timer (that goes from 2 minutes (2:00) to zero (0:00))

From what I've seen Sony Vegas only offers a 'Timecode' from Media FX which gives a horrible looking timestamp with a black border.

Can anyone suggest a nicer way to present this countdown timer where I can possibly choose the font? Maybe some sort of plugin or download?

Here's an example to the timecode which looks horrible!

timecode example.jpg
    http://gyazo.com/152720e937d99e6f38e327d2b9028d49

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Blog Entries

Regularly asked. The timecode is next to useless for this. I seem to recall there was a limited plug-in somewhere.
    It's pretty easy (and far more satisfying) to make your own. There are several tutorials if you search "countdown in Sony Vegas"
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Regularly asked. The timecode is next to useless for this. I seem to recall there was a limited plug-in somewhere.
    It's pretty easy (and far more satisfying) to make your own. There are several tutorials if you search "countdown in Sony Vegas"
    Hey thanks for the reply.

I've had a look for tutorials however all the ones I've seen just show how to use the normal vegas timecode..

I'm sure this isn't the answer you were looking for but... How about filming a clock for a couple of mins then crop the footage and run it back-wards. If that's not suitable there are people who make them like THIS GUY or THIS ONE

5. Default

This tool from Vegasaur toolkit can create various counters (including timecode and date/time counters).
    You can create a text preset with desired font, color, position, size etc. and select it when generating a counter.