Thread: "Let me down" music video

Default "Let me down" music video

This is an animation of one of my songs. We have no commerical interests, it is all done for our own fun.
    Regular readers will know to expect some strange scenes.
    To view in HD (recommended), please visit the Vimeo site (click on the HD symbol, then follow the link to "Watch in HD now").

Blog Entries

I haven't a clue what to make of that Tim. Very surreal. Must have taken months.
    What really struck me (sorry to go off on a tangent) was the massive separation between the singer and the backing track. No idea how that was achieved. I suspect I wasn't the only one to be reminded of John Lennon.

Oh, and perhaps I should say that before watching I spent a good few minutes trying to work out any significance in which letters were coloured red and which were white and why the second D in David was a different red. I failed.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 01-26-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    Tim

Astonishing!

What graphics engine did you use to animate the models?

Groovy!

Well that was strange but I liked the melody.

Thank you for your comments.
    Happily, I have no commercial interests in either the song, fame and fortune, world tour or an invite to join Disney. It is all done for our own fun.

I aimed to wrap surreal qualities with old-fashioned pseudo bearded_man arty nonsense. Discussions about its "meaning" are best left to those who love interpreting such drivel.
    The downside is upsetting folk who are expecting to understand what's going on. My lyrics don't offer many clues and adding the subtitles was intended to slightly confuse the viewer's visual experience, not to offer an explanation.

TimS. The white letters represent letters in the artists' names which do not appear in the name of the song. The slightly wrong 'red' on one char$ was an error . I originally planned for the titles to appear to come out of a DNA strand; but it was proving to difficult.
    I am pleased you noticed the mix of the vocals. I liked it, but I did not do the audio mix. I just played an accoustic guitar and 'sang' the chunk in the middle.

Zam: Most of the animation was created using "Poser Pro 2014"; and supplemented with some standard video effects from my NLE etc.

I am used to the software. Having imagined what I want to see, I can setup the scene, characters and props reasonably fast. Whilst getting CGI characters to move naturally is beyond my skillset, some of the action (e.g. man falling like a rad doll) is only a matter of understanding the software's "physics engine". The real hard work comes at night, when my PC render the hundreds of PNG files (one for each frame @ 30fps).

Thank you for taking the time to watch it and making those comments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I aimed to wrap surreal qualities with old-fashioned pseudo bearded_man arty nonsense. Discussions about its "meaning" are best left to those who love interpreting such drivel.
    This is the best, most humourous yet telling, and thus profound, pair of sentences I have ever read on this forum.
    Step aside Zam, you are in the presence of the King!
    Tim