I directed this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1WSn...ature=youtu.be
We presented 4 different treatments and they chose number 4. The others contained too much violence and they wanted something showing a more dreamlike quality. The brief was:
- Sunshine (lots of)
- Incense (smoke) - they wanted tons of the stuff to represent something or other (they like their smoke).
- Dreamlike (but still with the sun)
- Words coming out of the screen
- Show some elements emphasising some of the negative lyrics
- Bling (check out their costumes)
- Ital sun coming out of the eye at the end.
Shot on a BMCC, Russian 85mm lens (with 2.5 crop factor), 28mm Samyang. We had a cage, shoulder rig etc... Shot over one and a half days, two different locations and green screen. RAW is such a pain as we were chewing through a 240 gig card every 10 minutes (maybe a fault somewhere?) We had two MacBook Pros in the background taking turns to download the footage and the data wrangler was the busiest guy on the set.
Frankly, the DoP who edited the footage did the majority of the work. I just directed and made a couple of suggestions in post.
What do you think?