Thread: Beginner Video - Please Review

Default Beginner Video - Please Review

Okay, so let the ripping begin.

Here is my first video (ever) that I've posted anywhere, so yes, you can imagine what you are getting yourself if for if you watch it. But, on the up side, maybe it will remind you that we all have to start somewhere.

Anyway, let me know what you think please.

Blog Entries

Based on the closing title, it seems like this is a promo for bouncy castles. Is that right? If so, wouldn't it be better to show the products. And more importantly, people enjoying the products?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Based on the closing title, it seems like this is a promo for bouncy castles. Is that right? If so, wouldn't it be better to show the products. And more importantly, people enjoying the products?
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is a promo for bouncy castles, but I guess I was trying to achieve the same goal of advertising them, not by showing people all of the fun involved with the inflatables (which I'm sure that they are aware of) but by showing them why they need to rent one on this particular day.

Errr. well..... it is interesting! I had no idea of what the video was about until the toys apeared.... So, maybe, you can loose some of your potential customers if they just move away before you set the real message. I would start with something like:

"will your kids watch the big game with you"? (scene of "the guys" cheering with a kid with a closed face in the middle?)

This will set the question/problem right in the beginning, so your potential customer will get interested on the following advertising!

I don´t like the use of pictures only (filming is the pleasure to us here!! ), but I understand you may have some limitations on the available material...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Errr. well..... it is interesting! I had no idea of what the video was about until the toys apeared.... So, maybe, you can loose some of your potential customers if they just move away before you set the real message. I would start with something like:

"will your kids watch the big game with you"? (scene of "the guys" cheering with a kid with a closed face in the middle?)

This will set the question/problem right in the beginning, so your potential customer will get interested on the following advertising!

Thanks for the great feedback! I definitely approached this video from an odd angle, but I guess that I was trying for something different. And I'm limited on what I can do video-wise, because I don't have a nice camera or the skills to go with it yet.

You could offer a donation to a local FilmMaking club and set them the task like a Spring Challenge ( ie In time for your Summer season).... and if the result pleases you, then offer your customers a Video of their Day, filmed by the same people....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jumpingjay View Post
    I definitely approached this video from an odd angle, but I guess that I was trying for something different.
    And Tony took your different angle and made it much more marketable. He condensed all your stuff right down to the (excuse me) money shot. See, it's a team effort.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    And Tony took your different angle and made it much more marketable. He condensed all your stuff right down to the (excuse me) money shot. See, it's a team effort.
    yes, we put the "I" back in "Teiam"