Thread: Script to have sony vegas automatically add media to a layer?

Default Script to have sony vegas automatically add media to a layer?

Hi,

im using sony vegas 11 and i wonder if its possible to have sony vegas perform a couple tasks automatically by running a script or something.

The premise is like this: my media is a video with 4 squares. Each one is outlined by a blue line at a certain moment. The idea is to make an image appear over that square every time that happens. The image lasts exactly the same amount of time the outline does. There is a different image for each square so i place every one of them on different layers.

I guess it must be a script that says something like:

when this portion of the screen is [THIS COLOR] (blue) then add [NAME OF THE MEDIA] onto [LAYER NUMBER] while [IS COLOR]

but ive never made it before. How can i accomplish this?

Thank you.

I've been with Vegas since VV3. I have not come across anything in Vegas that will respond to a Chroma value and then act on it to do another action. And unless I haven't understood your quest, this would be the fundamental STOP on any Script.

Now naming a Selection or Region can be achieved with scripts and making Markers and Regions relating to Events is do-able. But nothing comes to mind that:

A] Takes note of a Chroma Value - say for BLUE

and then

B] Acts on the action of A]

But I'm always willing to learn.

.. .. ...

Hi,

yes, i guess it doesnt exist. But i wonder how difficult is to write it. Maybe if i had some similar scripts i could figure it out myself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by supercain View Post
    Hi,
    Maybe if i had some similar scripts i could figure it out myself.
    Grazie has been using Vegas since life began. If he says he has not come across a script that uses Chroma, it is highly unlikely that the chroma value is available to the scripting language. In fact I cannot think of any scripts which use the content of the media. I wonder if there are any?

I would have thought making such information available would carry such a massive overhead it would be impractical. I cannot see how you'd avoid needing you'd need 4 bytes (RedValue, GreenValue, BlueValue, AlphaValue) for each pixel in the frame for every frame).
    Tim

You flatten me (joke meant!) Tim.

Until there is some definite proof that the Event can give-up its values to a scripting process - then as Pythagoras always tells me, Nuh-uh.

Now, if Tim, me et Al could get their collective heads around just WHAT your outcome is wanted (dammnnn.. here I goes again . . ) then there MAY be another way through this.

BTW, who IS "Al" ?

... ... ... .

this doesnt even sound like video editing

it sounds more like graphics programming

is it for an app? if so, then you'll be doing it in Java (for Android) or Objective C (for IOS) or some such

i think you are looking at the wrong tool right off the bat

you could also do this in Flash I expect

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    You flatten me (joke meant!) Tim. Until there is some definite proof that the Event can give-up its values to a scripting process - then as Pythagoras always tells me, Nuh-uh.
    Now, if Tim, me et Al could get their collective heads around just WHAT your outcome is wanted (dammnnn.. here I goes again . . ) then there MAY be another way through this.
    BTW, who IS "Al" ?
    "Al" has got to be Al Gore...as it was he who "took the initiative in creating the Internet"...
    http://web.archive.org/web/200406030...the.Inte1.html
    And he wasn't flattened after all either...
    Last edited by vkmast; 01-21-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    this doesnt even sound like video editing
    The final output is a video so i do think that qualifies as video editing...