Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I make my video look like this?

Default How do I make my video look like this?

Hi,

I would like to know how can I make my video look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w1FCrVkLvw

and this:

This is my video..

I know the first two ones were recorded with a good camera (mine with an iPhone), but by editing could I make it look like that? I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 11 but I have to say I'm not good at all using it

Thanks!
    Last edited by SR7; 01-20-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Looks like over saturation for me.

Firstly you need to have something in focus. In the first video the focus point is in the area around the left hand. In your video there is nothing in focus. You can "cheat" the shallow depth of field by having two duplicate tracks and masking an area of the top track put a light blur on the bottom track.

His video is very over exposed, you could try using colour curves to mimic this doing it this way will also increase the saturation and contrast.

His camera angle is set to look down the guitar neck but yours is looking slightly up wards.

His light source is coming from the direction the guitar is pointed but yours seems more like the opposite direction.

Hope this helps.

MB pointed it all: light source + focus seems the most important to me. Background too - yours is "just" white, what gave a more overexposed feeling... Also, check the colour of your t-shirt; and I would avoid things writen on the t-shirt, as they draw attention to something that is not important to the video.

Liked the music/playing! Well done!

Ok, this is what I got so far, I added more defocus on the body of the guitar, my t-shirt and the top of the fretboard and I also used a color corrector. What should I do next? This is a very short video so you can see what how it looks..

Thanks for all your answers and thanks TonyBR for the compliment about my playing

Sorry, I guess you got it wrong about the focus... You "need" something IN focus to center the attention and give a better depth feeling... (comparing with the video you want to look like, of course!). The new version is worse that the original, cause now it looks you forgot to focus everything!!

Do you have to correct this particular film or can you make another session and record it again?? Cause the light source point will not change much, even with all the power of softtware available... I tought you were planning to shoot a new video to get closer to the reference sample.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Sorry, I guess you got it wrong about the focus... You "need" something IN focus to center the attention and give a better depth feeling... (comparing with the video you want to look like, of course!). The new version is worse that the original, cause now it looks you forgot to focus everything!!

Do you have to correct this particular film or can you make another session and record it again?? Cause the light source point will not change much, even with all the power of softtware available... I tought you were planning to shoot a new video to get closer to the reference sample.
    But he also said that I could "cheat" by adding defocus on some areas which is what I did.

I would prefer to edit this one and try to make it look as better as possible despite of the light.

If I sent one of you the un-edited video could you edit it for me? I really want to see the full potential of shooting with an iPhone and professionaly editing afterwards

Oh, I see.... but that didnt bring anything in focus, you just have the around even more out of focus now. People will look for their glasses when watching it!

Editing rarely saves a bad clip.... Out of focus is impossible to solve! You can change colours, add a Godzila or paint your nails orange.... but focus.... you will have to push it so much that nothing else will look normal I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Oh, I see.... but that didnt bring anything in focus, you just have the around even more out of focus now. People will look for their glasses when watching it!

Editing rarely saves a bad clip.... Out of focus is impossible to solve! You can change colours, add a Godzila or paint your nails orange.... but focus.... you will have to push it so much that nothing else will look normal I guess....
    But the original isn't out of focus, the first video I posted (that is mine) also has added defocus on some areas, the original looks very clean, that's why I want to know if any of you could give it a shot and try to edit it

Blog Entries

Why not post the unedited video to see what there is to work with. Someone here will doubtless work some magic and then tell you how they did it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast