Thread: MP4 Green Screen

Question MP4 Green Screen

I am using Vegas 12 x64 (770) and for a while rendering got loopy with a few areas and now the file just comes up as a blank green screen. I saw online people just change the name of the folder the plugin that is being used for the file that turns green, but when I did it I got errors when relaunching Vegas. Is here any other way to solve this? That method seems to work for many people but not me it can not locate the file afterwards and says the VEG is corrupt.
    Why am I an editor? ...because I'm a bad filmer!
    ☮ ♫ ☾ ☆ ☼ ☯ ~ Live Long & Prosper

and says the VEG is corrupt.
    Have you answered your own question ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Have you answered your own question ?
    Nope, because I renamed the folder back to original and the VEG opens fine but the green screen comes back!

Blog Entries

What plug in? Can you give a screen grab?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    What plug in? Can you give a screen grab?
    This is the fix to my problem but renaming that folder caused problems: http://youtu.be/Xc4YwhHgis4

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydEffect View Post
    I am using Vegas 12 x64 (770)
    Your YT posting says otherwise. Your YT post says VP9, and your video clearly shows you navigating to the VP9 folder. In which version of Vegas are you doing this? If VP9 which Build?

I have VP 7 >> VP12 loaded and I have the "compoundplug.dll" in several places - all without the extra "g". Now, what you need to be considering is that any flaws or bugs that "may" have been corrected by SONY in the several versions since VP9 AND the massive amounts of builds in that interim period, could now be undone by the that additional "g". Yes, I am sure you would say that this is done at the USER's own risk, but I would ALSO be, in turn, not without concern if I didn't raise my observations, namely, you have not done this to VP12 and only VP9, unless you can correct me, and that between VP9 and VP12 there have been a whole bunch of rectification. Do you get my point here?

Also, you might have stumbled on a correction for THIS SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES but have banjaxed others.

I'm all for making the Vegas Experience a better one - that's why we all spend time here. But any change of the fundamental .dll would need to have SONY's approval prior to broadcast.

Only my opinions here.

... ... ...
    Last edited by Grazie; 01-21-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Your YT posting says otherwise. Your YT post says VP9, and your video clearly shows you navigating to the VP9 folder. In which version of Vegas are you doing this? If VP9 which Build?

I have VP 7 >> VP12 loaded and I have the "compoundplug.dll" in several places - all without the extra "g". Now, what you need to be considering is that any flaws or bugs that "may" have been corrected by SONY in the several versions since VP9 AND the massive amounts of builds in that interim period, could now be undone by the that additional "g". Yes, I am sure you would say that this is done at the USER's own risk, but I would ALSO be, in turn, not without concern if I didn't raise my observations, namely, you have not done this to VP12 and only VP9, unless you can correct me, and that between VP9 and VP12 there have been a whole bunch of rectification. Do you get my point here?

Also, you might have stumbled on a correction for THIS SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES but have banjaxed others.

I'm all for making the Vegas Experience a better one - that's why we all spend time here. But any change of the fundamental .dll would need to have SONY's approval prior to broadcast.

Only my opinions here.

... ... ...
    Not my video lol just what I had to do....I have 12 x64 with the "compoundplug.dll" as my green mp4 plugin.

Understood.

Unhappy

I am still experiencing this issue, I have reformatted my computer for other reasons and upgraded to Vegas 13 but the MP4 file still remains green. It plays in windows with VLC, the thumbnail shows when choosing it to import...I have replaced the file with the same one making sure it knew where it was...I am stumped??

I really need to recover this its the main video file of a really long project, the audio from the file plays in Vegas.

EDIT: I tried the same fix by changing my codec folder name and it wanted me to install Quicktime so I did and now I get this:
    Last edited by PinkFloydEffect; 10-14-2014 at 05:03 AM.