Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble with Lighting

1. Default

Alright. Do you suggest I brighten up the shot by increasing the aperture or ISO? I really have no idea what I'm doing with this expensive thing...

hahahaah.... Ok, some starting points:

1) start with all auto in your camera... This is a basic/average setup that will NOT take into account the out of the curve variables, like the reflective white board in your example... Move the ligths to all positions you may wonder, and record many clips, taking notes (or pictures) of the light´s setups to see if you get any better results.

2) when you find a setup that seems ok, go back to the settings of the camera.... and move to all manual.... Now you will have fine control over many options of the amount of light that you get in the movie, not the scenario...

This is a good first exercise to understand your equipment. There is no fixed rule, except the one that says that you HAVE to try different setups to find a good one. Unless you´re used to win lotteries and stuff....

Totally agree.... As I posted earlier, a projector working behind you with a translucent screen is just perfect! No shadows, it works as a backlight, you can add zillions of animations...and it all will look MUCH more professional... I bought an Epson projector a few years ago and it costed quite nothing. It´s a very versatile tool, not to mention that you can project your films/tv at home!! Green screen is also interesting, although I don´t like it´s final visual result (a bit too fake to me) and the lack of a surface where you can actually write something if you need to during your presentation... (I´m a teacher too, so writing during my talking is a main tool!!)

My brother makes some presentations of his surgeries, and he has a big translucent board with a clear plastic cover in front, so he can project and write on it at the same time. He uses an ultra small projector from sony or samsumg, or dell??? not sure... I´ll try to ask him for a video of one presentation, so you can see what I mean... (just be prepared for horror scenes of a vascular surgery!!).

Suggestions on lighting using portable or DMX LED lights check this out.

http://dracast.com/promotion

5. Default

Last edited by simon389; 01-29-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123