Thread: Adobe Premiere 5.5 PC - Breaking a multi camera Concert into separate songs

Default Adobe Premiere 5.5 PC - Breaking a multi camera Concert into separate songs

Hi,

I am trying break a multi camera Concert into separate songs.

I have 2 cameras plus a digital audio track and the audio for applause in stereo from one of the camera mics so I have 4 sources for the whole performance which I have synced and set levels etc throughout.

I now need to break the entire performance into 11 separate songs, but with the addition of opening and closing titles and spoiler for each song/section.

I am not sure how to take each section apart without losing sync of any of the 4 sources.

I would love some advice on how to make this into separate sections please.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Blog Entries

Could you expand on "break the entire performance into 11 songs"? A few thoughts:

You can create a new timeline and drop your timeline with all your edits into this newly created one. You'll now have one clip that you can cut into section and add titles etc or you can place all of your clips into one group so that they are locked together.

Default Adobe Premiere 5.5 PC - trying break a multi camera Concert into separte songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Could you expand on "break the entire performance into 11 songs"? A few thoughts:

You can create a new timeline and drop your timeline with all your edits into this newly created one. You'll now have one clip that you can cut into section and add titles etc or you can place all of your clips into one group so that they are locked together.
    Dear Mark,

I have everything finished on the Premiere timeline.

Now I want to cut this into 11 separate sections for each of the songs without destroying the sync.

How exactly?

What can I do to not disturb the main edit of the whole concert and then break it apart into 11 sequences.

In another older editing system, I was able to save as a scene and then re import it - this would be great and the cut into sections and add titles.

So advice need perhaps from those with such an experience please.

Thanks

Alan

Blog Entries

See my post above.

Would you kindly explain how? I have tried by using copy and paste into a new sequence but still get all the multiple tracks and as soon I re edit this new sequence, then the sync becomes a problem. I really need a method of being able to export the complete timeline as a finished sequence but So perhaps it would be helpful if you can explain what procedure is used with your recommendation please as I do not understand. TIA Alan

Blog Entries

Create a new sequence (Select File > New > Sequence). Open up this sequence so that it shows in your timeline window. This will create a new timeline in a seperate tab. Now drag your sequence with your completed edits from the project panel onto this new one.

For a video demonstration, google "adobe premiere nest sequence"