Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video, 2014 NEW Intro for Animation 'Zey The Mouse'!!

Default Video, 2014 NEW Intro for Animation 'Zey The Mouse'!!

Hi, all

hope your all o.k!!? Thought it would be nice to share the intro, Zey is targeted at ages 3 to 5 yrs!!, so this new clip is quite jolly! and has
    an old 70's 80's feel,

Im so happy that i have carried this through, to follow in some months will be the the 1st Episode!

Hope you enjoy!?
    Last edited by ianharding; 03-10-2014 at 10:42 PM.

I did not like the character put in front of pure white background. That's a bit sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I did not like the character put in front of pure white background. That's a bit sterile.
    Hello!, the white background is quite bright, it makes the characters stand out!!, light blue or creme might be nice though??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ianharding View Post
    Hello!, the white background is quite bright, it makes the characters stand out!!, light blue or creme might be nice though??
    Why not go for a different olour for each character. You could then extend this into the episodes by associating each character with their colour perhaps. In the same way you could associate a different musical motife with each character (a la "Peter and the Wolf") This sort of association/familiarity is common in numerous children's programmes.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Why not go for a different olour for each character. You could then extend this into the episodes by associating each character with their colour perhaps. In the same way you could associate a different musical motife with each character (a la "Peter and the Wolf") This sort of association/familiarity is common in numerous children's programmes.
    i see what you mean!, with the psychlidelic grid with colours is significant with the colours of the 3 characters, with the clothes there, wearing,

I will take on your constructive critisism and have a play today with the intro by trying different colours behind the characters like blue, pink, yellow etc,

Hi, all

I have had a play with the intro, and i really like the colour in place of the white character backgrounds, and glad of the help/tips by Tim and XXLRay! so here's the video of the new official Intro!
    This is the final cut!!

Blog Entries

I think that's better - don't thank me, it was BigRay who pointed out the clinical background.

But taking that theme (harsh whites) a bit further, I'd suggest the whites are too white in the graphics (on the Flying a kite, the grids and even the titles). If you compare them to the images of the charaters the whites are much brighter - which makes teh characters look a little dull. You might try toning down the whites a bit so that instead of being RGB 255,255,255 you make them RGB 235,235,235. Incidentally 235, 235, 235 is the maximum many broadcast channels will accept.

this is not a criticism, by the way, just something (yet another thing!) to consider.
    Tim

Thanks, Tim, i shall be keeping the altered video as the official one!!, ive just had a look at my files (about the red zey logo) and they are o.k ,
    and arn't too bright, but some reason Stop-Motion Pro, has made it flicker a bit and a bit bright, but i'm not sure why??
    Last edited by ianharding; 01-17-2014 at 06:19 PM.

It looks much better with the different colors - I'd also add 0.2 seconds for each character as they go by just a shade too quickly

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    It looks much better with the different colors - I'd also add 0.2 seconds for each character as they go by just a shade too quickly
    Thanks for the help! , I worked last night and this morning on the intro, and found some other errors too, and ive fixed them, also the characters now stay on the screen for a bit longer!!

The other probs were, black screen shots of (Harding Productions) were not all the same shade, and the red ZEY logo flickered a bit, and the grid wasn't right, and the squares within, needed to be a bit faster!!, so i have put the errors right, and it looks great now!!

Here's the BEST EDIT!! (3rd Edit)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast