Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A brazilian family around EU....

Default A brazilian family around EU....

How would I fit 37 days of travelling around EU in just 5 minutes of video??? Yeah, no way!!! So I made "just" 12...... Hope you can waste the same amount watching it... Make sure you turn on the HD mode at Vimeo!

Last edited by TonyBR; 01-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Wot, no UK? Can't say I blame you! You're getting soem great shots withthe 70D and I didn't find the fact the camera was a distraction. It's a good snapshot - orrather a selection of snapshots - giving us a wirlwind tour. There wasn't really enough of anything to take it in (unlike several of your canoeing vids where we can really soak up the atmosphere), but then again I guess that wasn't the intention. I do think a bit of ambient sound might have added a lot to the atmosphere though.
    Tim

I would have liked the music to be a bit merrier. A bit too much fade to black for my taste but overall wonderful impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Wot, no UK? Can't say I blame you! You're getting soem great shots withthe 70D and I didn't find the fact the camera was a distraction. It's a good snapshot - orrather a selection of snapshots - giving us a wirlwind tour. There wasn't really enough of anything to take it in (unlike several of your canoeing vids where we can really soak up the atmosphere), but then again I guess that wasn't the intention. I do think a bit of ambient sound might have added a lot to the atmosphere though.
    Hey, I´ve been to the oldest city in UK!!! Colchester!!! Also know almost everything about the port of Harwich!!! The cruise made just one stop there in UK. Some people went to London, but it was too far for us. Seven hours in a train/bus to stay just 5 hours in London??? No way!! We will be there next year for a proper visit!

You´re right about a sequence of snapshots.... It was the intention, as: a) I don´t have enough good material for composing a nice video of any or every stop; and b) anything longer than snapshots and the final video would have 2 hours!! Not even good old mama would want to watch it!! Travelling fast and with children is not friendly to filming well.... Not to mention that it was soooooooo cold to us, tropical creatures!! Carrying coats X tripod.... The tripod lost before we even left Brazil!

I started with ambient sound on some shots, but the "well known" problem of $%#&¨% sound on DSLRs is just true!! Any wind and this thing gets terrible.... So I had good sound on just ~20% of the clips, and the video got weird with ambient sound every 10 shots or more... At the end I just muted the original sound track and left the music on...

As the previous video about the US trip, this is just a memory bank to the girls.... Maybe they will watch it in 30 years and start to think they had a nice dad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I would have liked the music to be a bit merrier. A bit too much fade to black for my taste but overall wonderful impressions.
    The music choice was made in 12 seconds in true.... I knew I needed something long, so I classified all the music at ITunes by duration.... Then Einaudi poped to me as a nice "tempo variety" option, as a trip envolves so many "tempos" too.... click made on the one I liked more! Maybe I´ll try some othe editings with different objectives and musics... like "a video per country"....

Yes, agree about the excessive fades! May change some of that in a second edition....

I hope your girls begin to realize what a fantastic experience you gave them.

I liked the opening idea of grouping all the modes of transportation I think that could be made into an interesting 2 minute piece by it's self. You got some great images especially without a tripod. If I tried that the footage would be unwatchable.

I liked the music but when I got to the 8 minute mark I thought that I'd heard enough. I would suggest for the non-participant viewers of the trip, this should be cut down to around 3 videos of 4 mins each. BUT as a memory piece for you and your family I'm sure it's perfect.

Well done on the editing I thought you cut it really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I hope your girls begin to realize what a fantastic experience you gave them.

I liked the opening idea of grouping all the modes of transportation I think that could be made into an interesting 2 minute piece by it's self. You got some great images especially without a tripod. If I tried that the footage would be unwatchable.

I liked the music but when I got to the 8 minute mark I thought that I'd heard enough. I would suggest for the non-participant viewers of the trip, this should be cut down to around 3 videos of 4 mins each. BUT as a memory piece for you and your family I'm sure it's perfect.

Well done on the editing I thought you cut it really well.
    Hi MB!!! Yes, the "ways to move around" may turn into something by itself... I liked it too! The idea came to me just when I sited in front of the computer to start editing "something".... I´ll look for more clips with "moving" and see if I can edit something original. Totally agree that 12 minutes is asking to die...and still far from the beach! But the truth is that I don´t have good enough material to produce something much different from a colection of snapshots, as Tim said. My clips are all 10 to 30 seconds, including the waste of the first 5 seconds!! Not enough to tell any story. And spliting into 3 would not help, as nobody (except us) would watch parts 2 and 3 anyway....

Yes, I hope that the girls are filling their sinapses with beauty and good "adventure", as these are the most important things to life in my oppinion... Well, at least they can say "thanks/you´re welcome" in 9 different languages by now!!!

Thanks for watching and comments MB!!

Just uploaded a "new" version with some ambient sounds and selected it to play at fullHD (1080).

Oh no!!! 12 more minutes???? don´t feel obliged!!

Definitely some great shots that captured the moment

nice ambient sounds on the ship and in Barcelona

i thought the music fitted the occasion

i didn't realize there was a Burger King in Colchester - I'll have to check it out sometime

my only complaint would be the slow motion on the swing at the end - it seems to have been rendered improperly as it does not appear to be smooth

Not only a BK as well as a KFC and a McD, all on the main street and few steps away from each other...... The nest of the UK civilization is totally corrupted.... I´ll have to move to Colchester and open a brazilian steak house now!!

Thanks for your comments...and yes, the swing slow motion is not clear.... Guess I´m used to 60p, while this dslr gets to 30 only.... Stretched a bit too much perhaps?? I´ll see if I can fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast