Thread: A Very Special Care Home

Default A Very Special Care Home

So it's been a while I know, for me saying hello around the forums as well as making any new video. For anyone who remembers me it has my usual dry-dead-pan-humour. I hope you enjoy. Feedback is always welcome.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Great to have you back.

Technical presentation, generally good (except loss of sound in shop)
    Your presenting/acting - really good. It just keeps getting better.
    Script/concept: This time a miss for me, I'm afraid. It just didn't hit that "absurd" button. It just came across as a silly idea which didn't have much mileage.
    I quite liked the punchline and was there half a second before it occurred on screen.

And that's the difficulty with comedy. It probably has most variable appeal of all the "arts".

A very natural presenting style, nothing 'acted' came across, though it could all have been cut down by half and still hit as many funny bones.
    Audio? = Massive jump in volume at 1-39 and the shop audio could have worked better re-recorded later and over dubbed - (No lips to sync with).
    Nit picking now = seeing wobbles, I thought it was all filmed hand held till I saw the cam on tripod.
    All in all a very good effort. I hope you look on any reviews as helpful to your fine tuning of camera work and scripts, as it's nearly there in a funny kinda way
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Thanks Tim for the welcome back, and your feedback. You're totally right of course, comedy is so subjective. I personally don't find mean spirited pranks or half the supposed stuff that passes for comedy on youtube at all funny, but that's just me.

I will continue to work on my absurdity.

I'm glad I hit the right tone with the presenting, it was always intended to be played dead-pan and serious (where I find the comedy). You're both right about the audio, something could have been done in post, I just opted to stick with the natural audio and in hindsight that was probably the wrong call. It was mostly handheld and monopod but the first shot was tripod so that's why they were setup and (on purpose) seen in the final shot.

Thanks again guys, I can always reply on good constructive feedback from people here.

Quote Originally Posted by clay_9 View Post

I will continue to work on my absurdity.
    Sorry this section is abuse - absurdity is the second door down the hall and to the left

great presentation style

"Affluence isn't owning a Red One - affluence is owning a Red One and using it to film your kid's birthday party"
    Last edited by zamiotana; 01-12-2014 at 09:49 PM.