Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you have filmed this?

Blog Entries

Default How would you have filmed this?

I liked this too much not to share

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-Do30-P8A

Would you have filmed this differently?

I suppose it didn't get 7.5 million views for nothing. My favourite shot was the spray cans used like a jetpack around 4:26.

Blog Entries

Hated it.
    I find grafitti a blot on any landscape, irrespective of the talent of some of the artists. I cannot get rid of the association I make between grafitti, slums and people wased on heroin.
    The music only enhanced that association.
    As for the cutting it was interesting for 15 secs then just more of the same.
    Tim

Great work behind the camera and in front of it. I really liked the wow effect when they zoomed out into the hall in the beginning. If I had to be picky I would say that it was a bit repetitive in the middle.

Blog Entries

Back from a hot bath! Having thought about it, had the grafitti been curvaceous and bright rather than angular and dark, or perhaps if it had been Roger Deanesque, and if the music had been Pink floyed or Gong I probably would have liked it (although a different style of cutting would have been needed). Instead of herion and slums it would have conjoured up images of pot & LSD and festivals in my mind, which only goes to show two things:

1. I'm totally inconsistent, and
    2."Content is King" and try as I might, I cannot be totally objective about the filming/editing if the subject provokes a very negative response in me.
    Tim

6. Default

AMAZING VIDEO!!!!.........god knows how it was done though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin troll View Post
    god knows how it was done though
    Lots of stills
    Tim

Wow, I loved it!!! Not my kind of music, but it was a perfect choice! Not a grafitti fan too, but it was presented in a perfect way and high quality!! A very creative video for sure... I just wonder about it´s script (huge??) and storyboard!!

Hate illegal street grafitti too - it´s the worst way to destroy a city landscape, specially those weird "writings" that means nothing (imagine how bad it is in a 20 million people 3rd world city like here, Tim!!), but this video was an amazing form of art to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    I thought their talent was great, such a shame to see it wasted on disfigurement.
    In this case, what was disfigured? Not sure you could call painting an empty warehouse disfigurement.

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    Trouble is, I just thought 'clever' and then it got got boring quickly. The techniques used are quite straightforward, just takes lots of time.
    That's a slight overstatement! Are you sure you know how they achieved it? Perhaps they used an innovative method? But even assuming it was "just time-consuming", the skill of planning, execution, editing and post production are far beyond the average chap.

Guess it all depends on the customer's wish.... Lot´s of grafitti artists (should I use quote marks??) make their living by painting places by order! Look at Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel for example!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast