Thread: SURPRISE SURPRISE Film Challenge

Default SURPRISE SURPRISE Film Challenge

Hello!
    With film appreciation and progression in mind, we are just looking to spread the word on a new experiment in film that we’ve just initiated, SURPRISE SURPRISE Film Challenge, Creation, & Curation.

The aim of the game is simple: your film must be exactly the time length given and it should, in anyway whatsoever, be guided by the reference points provided: When? Where? Who? With…?

This week, for example, the film must be exactly one minute in length and should also include some reference to or use of a bathtub; besides those points, it can take place anywhere, at anytime of day, and make use of any number of characters of your creation. All films must be submitted before the end of Sunday (January 12th).

Following this, the idea is that each and every Monday, a new challenge will be assigned.

Make a short, short film every week, forever. Why? The idea is to provide an opportunity for filmmakers of all levels of experience to form a routine to exercise their creativity and hone their filmmaking skills.

Where do you come in to this? Well, we were kind of hoping you’d be interested in either making a film (with or without your name attached) or just simply spreading the word.

Let us know! Thanks for the consideration.

The SURPRISE SURPRISE Team

www.surprisesurprisefilms.com

Blog Entries

I like the idea of this. It might be helpful if you put a statement about whether or not the film maker retains all rights or what rights they are giving up.
    Tim

Its a great idea but will people participate? We have had an on-again-off-again monthly challenge on this forum and I think my uncle and I were the only ones to submit videos in the last one, which I think was last April if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Its a great idea but will people participate? We have had an on-again-off-again monthly challenge on this forum and I think my uncle and I were the only ones to submit videos in the last one, which I think was last April if I am not mistaken.
    Thanks!

Yes, please contribute!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I like the idea of this. It might be helpful if you put a statement about whether or not the film maker retains all rights or what rights they are giving up.
    Thanks. You most certainly will retain all rights!

Quote Originally Posted by SURPRISE View Post
    Thanks. You most certainly will retain all rights!
    ?

my reply was just supposed to be a question mark but the ponce who set up the forum set it so that a response has to be at least ten characters - so this is filler