Thread: Black blocks/grain in produced video - AVS video editor

Default Black blocks/grain in produced video - AVS video editor

I am fairly new to video editing and I have been working on a tutorial video for a couple of days. On the Internet I searched for a free and easy video editor and found the "AVS Video Editor".

After downloading it I made my video with clips I had recorded with "Cam Studio" including voice/sound attached to those clips, these where all screen captures. I imported those into the program and added subtitle's. When I started producing the video which was quite long (36 minutes) it crashed on a Runtime error, driver software stopped responding. I figured the computer was having a hard time and I would cut it down to 15 minutes since it is to be uploaded on youtube anyway.

So after the cut down I produced again and it worked fine, even on HD 1080P. But when I checked the video there where black blocks and bars all over the video, mostly between letters and text bars I had filmed. I tried different outputs, Youtube HD video, HD 1080P, HD 720P and H264/AVC, but all give the same black blocks, grain like effect. These blocks are not in the original.

I searched the web for solutions but I couldn't find anything even related to my problem. Hopefully some-one here can help me.

Screencap of the problem below:
    Last edited by Noodlesnack; 01-03-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Just a hunch - check your video driver is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Just a hunch - check your video driver is up to date.
    I have re installed my pc a few days ago, it is up to date

I tried to export the same project on a different (way better) pc and it had the same blocks all over it. I think the program is not good enough and I will try something else instead.

London, England

Many here use Vegas, or the cut-down Sony Movie Studio - and you can get a Trial version for free...see Sony Creative website

. . . Editing can be a tad confusing - but there are many Tutorials on You Tube and elsewhere - some are built-in, so you learn how to do it properly from the start.

If your PC meets the minimum spec then creating long vids won't make it crash - but adding "Effects" can make render-times quite long.
    For my own PC (dual-core Win732b) Render times are about 6x the Edited length. - Try to keep it short and simple until you get yr head round the helps. Burn to DVD/BlueRay and check for quality on yr TV - don't rely on the PC for Edit playback, unless it's got a very good spec.