Thread: online video editing classes?

Default online video editing classes?

Hello. I am interested in learning how to edit videos to create my own little movies of all my adventures. It is something that I have always wanted to do but just got a GoPro to capture everything. I was wondering how do I get started in learning how to do all this? I don't need to know everything but just enough to be able to make music match where I want it to and have a good quality video. I was wondering if there were any online video editing classes available. Kind of like step by step tutorials or something along those lines. I don't want to spend and outrageous amount of money but would be willing to pay a little bit if I can see it will work. If there are free classes that would even be better.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

There are plenty of tutorials, some good, some not so good, online. have you decided on what software you are going to use to edit yet?
    Tim

Not really. I was kind of looking at Premiere Elements 12 but don't know for sure yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chutch76 View Post
    Not really. I was kind of looking at Premiere Elements 12 but don't know for sure yet.
    That's a good bet. if you're not already familiar with one package you you will have as steep a learning curve with any, so you might as well go with one which is particularly popular - like Premiere Elements. There are literally hundreds, probably thousands of tutorials on this product, some of which will suit you. The thing is, you can get a free fully funtioning download so find a time when you anticipate plenty of time to play, download and follow some tuts.
    Enjoy.
    Tim

What do you mean they have a free fully functioning download? Do they have a trial version or something?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chutch76 View Post
    What do you mean they have a free fully functioning download? Do they have a trial version or something?
    Yes.

Go to the Adobe site, go to downloads, product trials etc etc.... (Did you not think of trying that? )

Sony Creative Software also have the same facility for Movie Studio - indeed I suspect all the major players do.
    Tim

I just looked around on the website but I didn't see that they had a trial version. Thanks for telling me! I'll give it a shot.