Thread: Another music video

Cool Another music video

Hi people, I've just finished work on a new music video for three friends of mine.
    I hope you like it, all constructive comments welcomed.
    The video was produced in Premiere Pro CC, camera was a Canon Legria HF R306.
    It's quite different and simple related to the previous work I did: http://youtu.be/1fmAipzxifk
    Here you can find my previous works: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL18960019087CE2CB

Enjoy!

I found the camera movement a bit too much, I understand you did this "for effect" but I think you over did it. Apart from that it looked ok for it's purpose to me.

3. Default

Hey man,

You've definitely got great editing skills and I like the grading on the shots. As Midnight said, the camera work was a little too much with the swinging effect but it is still very well made!...

Peace

Hi NBV

I'm going to agree with midnight and moonmim that the "swinging" on the camera could have been used a bit less, though to be fair in many ways it did suit the style of music.
    I think in part because the music didn't have a more traditional ABAB ABABC etc structure (verse, chorus,bridge) that probably led you down the path of keeping the same swing camera style all the way through. There may of course have been chorus's but I didn't spot them because I'm afraid my Italian is non-existant
    I think it may have worked well to create your own song structure in the video. Perhaps by using the video booth shots interspersed more with the rest of the video. Or going to a steadier shot on one of the artists whilst retaining the swing effect on the other two??

But as others have said I still think it was really well done, and you can tell your friends that they certainly have "screen presence" without looking fake, which is half the battle in a music video.

Well done.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I found the camera movement a bit too much, I understand you did this "for effect" but I think you over did it. Apart from that it looked ok for it's purpose to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonmin troll View Post
    Hey man,

You've definitely got great editing skills and I like the grading on the shots. As Midnight said, the camera work was a little too much with the swinging effect but it is still very well made!...

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by MYTOYROCKBAND View Post
    Hi NBV

I'm going to agree with midnight and moonmim that the "swinging" on the camera could have been used a bit less, though to be fair in many ways it did suit the style of music.
    I think in part because the music didn't have a more traditional ABAB ABABC etc structure (verse, chorus,bridge) that probably led you down the path of keeping the same swing camera style all the way through. There may of course have been chorus's but I didn't spot them because I'm afraid my Italian is non-existant
    I think it may have worked well to create your own song structure in the video. Perhaps by using the video booth shots interspersed more with the rest of the video. Or going to a steadier shot on one of the artists whilst retaining the swing effect on the other two??

But as others have said I still think it was really well done, and you can tell your friends that they certainly have "screen presence" without looking fake, which is half the battle in a music video.

Well done.

Dave
    Thanks guys! I really appreciated your comments!!
    I'll definitively use less camera movement in the next works

@MYTOYROCKBAND Unfortunately I haven't a steady cam :(

I got all your suggestions, I hope I'll do better in my next work!!!