Thread: Video editing on a laptop/ultrabook and rendering on my desktop? Which Ultrabook?

Default Video editing on a laptop/ultrabook and rendering on my desktop? Which Ultrabook?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but I've been into video editing for a long time (despite having a big gap in doing any).

I'm looking for some advice on getting a laptop/netbook/ultrabook, so I can edit video on the move. So I want it to be portable, not too expensive and hopefully half descent battery life. Hopefully I can pick something up in the Boxing Day sales!

I wasn't planning on rendering on the laptop, just editing the video. Then dumping that onto my desktop (I've got a Chillblast Stealth http://www.chillblast.com/Chillblast-Fusion-Stealth.htm...) and doing the rendering on that.

I'm using Corel Video studio at the moment, so would need a laptop/netbook/ultrabook with Windows 8 and ideally a touchscreen. The main video editing I am doing is GoPro footage, but in the future hope to get back into making short films.

Does this sound like a good idea? Have I missed anything technically, or do you think there is a better way to do it?

As I said my main goal is to have the ability to edit while I am travelling (not always possible for me to edit on my desktop). That the laptop is not too expensive (ideal budget, below £750. Didn't really want to spend £1300 on a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus). Portable (probably no larger than 13") and half descent battery life (hopefully 4 hrs +, but this is not a deal breaker).

Some of the Laptops I was looking at

Samsung ATIV Book 9
    ASUS Vivobook S400

You will find lots of informational post related to LINK DELETED on this forum. Ultrabook with window 8 is best for video editing .
    Last edited by TimStannard; 12-31-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zenithcinematography View Post
    Ultrabook with window 8 is best for video editing.
    That's exactly the sort of informed comment that this forum thrives on - NOT.
    Please do not spam.
    Please do not spread misinformation, or, at least back up your opinion with some arguments.
    Tim