Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Music Video (Canon 5D Mark II)

1. Default New Music Video (Canon 5D Mark II)

Hey, guys! Here is my latest music video I shot with my 5D. Enjoy! Any feedback is appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaNj6QPoAOo

2. Default

Hey mate,

I love how the camera kinda rumbles to the beat, how did you do that??

Also, there is some nice movement in the camera, did you have a steadi-cam?

What lights did you use for the underground car park scenes and the brick room scenes?

Cheers

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by moonmin troll View Post
    Hey mate,

I love how the camera kinda rumbles to the beat, how did you do that??

Also, there is some nice movement in the camera, did you have a steadi-cam?

What lights did you use for the underground car park scenes and the brick room scenes?

Cheers
    Thanks for the feedback!

The rumbling is a slight twitch effect, I went through and cut a little piece of each clip when the piano hits and added each one individually.

I use a Glidecam 4000 with a vest system, been using it for the past two years (took a little while to learn how to walk right with it)

As far as lights, all the lighting was natural lighting from the garage. I used a 16-35mm Canon L series to shoot those.

4. Default

Damn!....I wish my HV30 looked as crisp as that in low light levels!!!!!!

Nice video but you loose cred with the Fiesta not exactly "urban" is it ?

gets a little repetitive after a while.... get in close for some variation

nice vid !
    Last edited by enc; 12-31-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Hey Rjp

Liked the video. Right from the outset I knew it was going to be good when you timed the door slamming with the first beat
    I liked the shake effect but I think it would have worked better if used less. There's a couple of pieces musically where there are double hits on the piano bass end. Those worked really well but using it on "almost" every bass note became a little predictable. I found myself almost willing a different effect to come in on the net one.

But that doesn't take away that it was a nice video well shot and well executed.

Dave

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Nice video but you loose cred with the Fiesta not exactly "urban" is it ?

gets a little repetitive after a while.... get in close for some variation

nice vid !
    What about this video makes it "Urban"? What is your definition of that? "Oh uh.. because he's black and its rap.." is probably your answer, right? Leave that ignorance in 2013 pal. Thanks.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MYTOYROCKBAND View Post
    Hey Rjp

Liked the video. Right from the outset I knew it was going to be good when you timed the door slamming with the first beat
    I liked the shake effect but I think it would have worked better if used less. There's a couple of pieces musically where there are double hits on the piano bass end. Those worked really well but using it on "almost" every bass note became a little predictable. I found myself almost willing a different effect to come in on the net one.

But that doesn't take away that it was a nice video well shot and well executed.

Dave
    Thank you for the feedback! Ah, I get what you're saying about the effect becoming a little predictable- I will keep that in mind for future projects!

And thank you! Much appreciated

Tried to watch it all . . the juddering eventually swamped me. Would have been great just on the intro. As it was, just got tedious. Nicely filmed though!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Tried to watch it all . . the juddering eventually swamped me. Would have been great just on the intro. As it was, just got tedious. Nicely filmed though!
    Thank you for the feedback! As someone mentioned above, if the effect had changed throughout, would that have made it easier to watch for you? Rather than the same twitch effect for each one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast