Thread: Importing Movies to Flash

Default Importing Movies to Flash

I have a school project on WWII. My topic is American Aircraft. I recently downloaded Saving Private Ryan and parts of Pearl Harbor. The quality wasn't bad watching it but I coudln't directly import into adobe premiere from a divx file. So I downloaded some software to go from AVI (divx) to VCD, SVCD, or DVD. I can export to DVD(MPEG) and then use in Premiere. Once I had everything edited nicely with music and cool stuff in premiere I wanted to export that and use it in Macromedia Flash. THe problem was, everytime I tried importing an AVI file from Premiere into flash, it was in black and white, had no sound, and half of the screen was cut off and stuck on the other side. So I would use the software to convert the premiere avi file to VCD, SVCD, or DVD. I tried all three types but Flash was only letting me import VCD. DVD and SVCD had errors, or just only imported like the last frame. Anyway, after going from DivX to AVI to VCD to Flash, the movie was kinda blury and I didn't want that. I want high quality afterall! One of the main problems I think came when converting AVI to VCD because the VCD could only give me a resoultion at like 350 x 200 or somethin like that. I wanted something bigger so I can show it to a group of kids on a proxima projector. The problem is, if I make a 350x200 screen bigger it gets blurry obviously, so I want to be able to import the DVD format into flash. The software I'm using to convert AVI to VCD,SVCD,DVD is Cucusoft AVI to VCD,SVCD,DVD Converter. I also figured that if I wanted higher quality I might as well rip straight from the DVD instead of downloading so I'm using SmartRipper to do that, and MPEG Mediator to go from VOB to AVI.

I suppose it might help. For converting video files to flash I prefer Video to Flash Converter:
    http://www.geovid.com/Video_to_Flash_Converter/
    Cheers!

I made my avatar by importing a video into flash just imported it, trimmed it down and everything was fine so don't see whats going wrong for you :

it's cursed , erm i dunno i've never had that problem with flash, always works just fine for me.
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!

Blog Entries

It's ok, Mr Spam just brought dead thread back to life.

Do you think hotshot has missed his deadline?
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Quote Originally Posted by bgarthp
    Do you think hotshot has missed his deadline?
    heh heh