Thread: HI Guyx

Default HI Guyx

hi i am a video editor and been working for long but i never did any work online, but now i want to work as a freelancer but i need some good demo reels to show my skills. i have never made any demo reels before so need some feedbacks and some dos and donts

please do post your feedback what should i do to improve my demo reel

Some footage was distorted or you had letterboxes.

yes i did letterboxing to match all the videos aspect ratio ... any mistake that i did ?? this is just a test because i am checking which format to go with for online uploading... any suggestions on that would also be appreciated...

In the second video at 0:15 you have no black bars before the cut but after it. At 0:30 the black bars before the transition are different than the ones after it. There a some more similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    In the second video at 0:15 you have no black bars before the cut but after it. At 0:30 the black bars before the transition are different than the ones after it. There a some more similar issues.
    that is because of different aspect ratios the videos were shot in different ratios so i stretched them.. i will work on that any other mistakes ? something that i missed ?

thank you for your reply really appreciated

I don't really see what else you could do with the footage you had to work with here. I am not a fan of distorting an aspect ratio to make it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't really see what else you could do with the footage you had to work with here. I am not a fan of distorting an aspect ratio to make it fit.
    thank you for replying .

it wont look professional for a demo to have different aspect ratios and i dont have much videos of the same aspect ratio,until i get some freelancing work i will have to distort them to make them fit.

will it do the job of getting some work for me ?? what will a client think of me ? will they find me capable enough , as a client what will be there views about that i would like to find that please kindly comment as if you were the client what you will decide after seeing this... i would like to see some minus points if i made any mistakes i want to improve on that every suggestion is welcomed