Thread: What version of After Effectos do i need?

Default What version of After Effectos do i need?

I have a Pentium 3 866mhz with mb of ram, a 32mb video card and is running with the WIN 98SE.
    I want to know what version of After Effects will run smoothly on my computer.
    Thanks.

Just guessing but from the spec of your PC I would say it was about 5-6 years old. I think AE v5 or 5.5 was the version out around then. Try a copy of that if you can find a downloadable demo.

If you go for a version before v5 then you will find learning it a bit of a pain. Just about all tutorials I've come across around the net are v5 or later. Same for books in the shops.

Hmm. In fact that might be your best place to get a copy of an old version. From the cover disk of a book. All Ae books I've got (3) have an accompanying disk with them and they all contain the demo version.

Happy to recoomend books if you ask too.