Thread: Need Help On Premiere Pro

Default Need Help On Premiere Pro

I use Panasonic GS400 and set it to PAL, but sometimes when I capture the clips the Premiere told me that I had a TV conflict and some of the clips were set to NTSC. How can this possb when I set it to PAL ?
    Another thing I capture the MICROMV video from sony handcam then convert it to MPEG2. Why cann't my PRemiere Pro edit this MPEG2 file ? The file was erratic when being edit. Thanks a lot for the help guys

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need Help On Premiere Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy
    Another thing I capture the MICROMV video from sony handcam then convert it to MPEG2. Why cann't my PRemiere Pro edit this MPEG2 file ? The file was erratic when being edit. Thanks a lot for the help guys
    Because Premiere Pro does not support MPEG2 editing. MircoMV files are additionally a proprietary format which must be converted before you can edit in Premiere. Please refer to the FAQ: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/guide-faq-90.htm

Thanks a lot for the answer. Too bad I am using PowerDirector Is it better if I edit my MICROMV clips in Studio 9 Plus instead ? The problem is I already edit most of the clips in Power Director :(

Blog Entries

If memory serves me correctly, Pinnacle Studio supports MicroMV MPEG files, so yes I would recommend you use this.