Thread: How to have logo/text overlayed??

Default How to have logo/text overlayed??

Hello All,

Firstly apologies if the title of this post is not correct. Im not even sure how to describe my issue..

Please refer to the attached video.

I have 1 track with the bike footage, and a 2nd track as the text 'Position 2' (this was done in Photoshop to get the perspective kinda correct).

I am looking for a technique/method to allow the mechanic to 'walk over' the text 'Position 2'. The effect im looking for is similar to the football or rugby tv footage where you see the logos of the teams overlayed on the the pitch.

Thanks

Scott

This could be done by overlaying a 3rd layer which *only* contains the mechanic's leg and foot (and not any of the road). This may require some form of 'rotoscoping'. The procedure would depend on what software is used.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    This could be done by overlaying a 3rd layer which *only* contains the mechanic's leg and foot (and not any of the road). This may require some form of 'rotoscoping'. The procedure would depend on what software is used.
    Thank you. Exactly the pointer I needed. With a bit more care with my mask I think I could get away with it. Using Sony Vegas Pro 12

Last edited by Scottyboi; 11-29-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Yes! It is beginning to look very good.
    (One small observation - you added drop shadow to the text (which I realise makes it more readable), but it also gives the impression the letters are really 3d blocks or raised are off the ground. I would remove the text shadow and consider whether it looks more realistic.)

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Yes! It is beginning to look very good.
    (One small observation - you added drop shadow to the text (which I realise makes it more readable), but it also gives the impression the letters are really 3d blocks or raised are off the ground. I would remove the text shadow and consider whether it looks more realistic.)
    Yes I agree. shadow needs to be removed.

6. Default

Its easy with masks in After Effects. If you plan to do much of this type of pp you might be best getting a copy?