Thread: The Intern Project: Take 1

Default The Intern Project: Take 1

Hey everyone!

This is my first ever attempt at editing; I literally installed premier pro a few days ago. I've never studied film, though I've been picking my friends brain when I have questions (he's getting a degree in film). I record the sound on his shoots, and wanted to try my hand at editing out of boredom, so I got the footage he shot to mess around with.

My biggest critique is the cut at 0:40. Any thoughts?

A bit too shaky for my taste. It's in principle OK to express movement but I think you overdid it. I don't like that you don't get to see the face each time you move the camera towards it in the beginning. I liked the interview style though. Great drawings

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    A bit too shaky for my taste. It's in principle OK to express movement but I think you overdid it. I don't like that you don't get to see the face each time you move the camera towards it in the beginning. I liked the interview style though. Great drawings
    Ah, I totally get what you mean. I've got one other shot to work with, so I'll see what I can do to fix that. Thanks!

Don't hose around with the camera. Frame your shot and shoot it. Then if needed re-frame the shot and shoot that. Moving the camera from side to side is a no no.

Blog Entries

Nothing to add to what the others have said. I wasn't at all sure what was going on at the beginning so I feel I may have missed some of the observations as i was still trying to make head or tail of it, so possibly work a bit on setting the scene.
    Tim