Thread: Burning DVD on Edius 7

Default Burning DVD on Edius 7

Hello,

I bought a licence for Edius 7, edited a film and now a can't burn a DVD disc. The option of burning to disc is simply blocked. Does anyone know how can I make it available?

Thanks,
    Vladi
    Last edited by Vladi; 11-26-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Sorry I don't use Edius, but cannot believe it cant be done.... Have you Rendered this Edit? - is the Render the right format for the DVD - these are quite low-res compared with HD footage.
    Look also under "Edius-Setup" or whatever, ...does it show your DVD drive?
    This could also prevent the burn. ( I will assume that you've put a Blank DVD into the drive)...

IMHO, It helps if you say how experienced you are with this/other software/PC recent changes/etc. so Posters can "pitch" their reply . . . . ALSO can you tell us what you've tried to fix the issue? - did it only come with the licence/update, etc.? (ie the same software did burn DVD prior to the Licence...)
    Finally a left-of-field issue might be: the length of the film - is it too long to fit a DVD?

I've already solved the problem thanks to Grass Valley's forum. I asked there and they told me that I have to change the project settings to interlace.

Thank you any way

Odd then that the software writers didn't include a Pop-up to tell you that, when you go to the menu with Burn-DVD....

Incidently, I saw an Adverts for that Grass Valley Editor - - - It says no need to render . . . can you explain? - Is this being done in the background perhaps?

On Premiere, for example, if you making transitions or effects, the video isn't played smoothly. You have to render the clip in order to play it smoothly. On Edius it always play the video smoothly, no matter what are you doing. This save a lot of time while you working on the project and it's a big advantage. I don't sure that it's being done in the background. However, I always rendering the project when I finish it, before I export the project to file or DVD. The catch is that not-rendering don't disturb to the workflow.

Edius is a great editor software. I used Adobe's Premiere for a year and half, and now I'm working only with Edius. I thinks it's better and more convenient software.

Edius
    It's not a consumer-popular Editor, although I know it's used by many Pros - as to the no-render I don't think Edius has a magic feature that removes the need for this . . . otherwise the saved files would be enormous (and take a while Saving)...so they must be doing it some other way. Files need cutting-down and Transitions need processing . . . facts of physics and we are stuck with Processor chips that are out-of-date almost as soon as we buy them. What I need is a parallel-processor MBO - pref one that takes cheap chips - something along the idea that was RAID.

I see "The Cloud" gaining strength as the likes of Adobe can manage their licence-model and adjust the software to meet new competition . . . this is good for Pro's but rather too expensive for those who aspire to make short films.
    Also, I'm aware that some people distrust sending their vids somewhere ( Cloud-where???) and getting back the finished product: there being so much opportunity for files to "go-missing" whether by incompetence, or hackers. There are other models and some software still resides in your PC - but the supplier increasingly has access to make you pay more...
    Last edited by vidmanners; 12-01-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Edius
    It's not a consumer-popular Editor,
    I beg to differ. It may not be up with Adobe or FCPX but it is where Sony Vegas was a few years back. It has gained a strong foothold among club members and is increasing in poyularity for precisely the reasons Vladi gives above.
    I know this because I meet with and talk with people who use it on a regular basis.

Like you, I've not used it. However, unlike you I prefer not to speculate on what it ought to do and I'll leave it to people who know the product to offer Vladi advice.

As for the cloud, this is a licencing model. The software and footage remains on your PC. There is no necessity to transfer anything to the cloud for "processing". That facility is only to facilitate teamwork where members are geographically diverse and provides an effective alternative to using a corporate Wide Area Network or VPN, which itself is an alternative to couriering footage/edits around the globe.
    Tim