this is a press release, I think this is the place to post it, thanks for your time.
Acrovid releases FootageStudio v1.0
Acrovid Technologies today announced the immediate availability of FootageStudio, a stand alone video processor which gives video professionals, advanced amateurs and consumer video enthusiasts a high quality video processing workflow, featuring from fast transcoding to edit-ready or consumer video formats, to complete video transformation. FootageStudio produces high quality videos in consumer formats, and in edit-ready or mezzanine codecs like DNxHD, simplifying post-production by speeding up the edits.
FootageStudio's Key Features:
- Supports a broad range of input formats, including consumer and pro formats like DNxHD and ProRes, and video camera formats from consumer to prosumer/pro models,including HDV,AVCHD,HDSLRs,GoPro,XDCam,AVC-Intra and DVCProHD.Metadata like aperture or shutter speed is retrieved from stream if available or from external file like in Canon HDSRLs.
- Transcode/encode to consumer formats like h.264,and to high quality edit-ready formats with timecode, including VC-3/DNxHD in 8-bit and 10-bit.
- Video standards conversions, frame rate conversions and corrections using high-quality motion compensated algorithms.
- Special conversion modes to 24p and 25p from any standard, interlaced or progressive.
- high-quality motion-compensated deinterlacing, and progressive to interlaced conversions.
- HD/SD up,down and cross conversions. Resample to predefined formats like 2.35:1 and custom dimensions.
- Aspect Ratio conversions with visual interface. ITU-R conformance.
- Frame accurate video cutting, select and cut exactly from the first/end frame of a video segment.
- Denoiser with visual interface, removes unwanted noise preserving the fine detail.
- Overcrank for slow motion and retiming/time warp effects.
- Region of interest/Digital zoom,for instance to remove lens vignetting.
- Basic video filtering like deartifacting,chroma upscaling and chroma smoothing.
- Bit-depth upscaling/downscaling to 8-bit and 10-bit.
- Fastest processing: 128-bit SSE2 optimized. CUDA GPU and multi core CPU support, several videos can be processed simultaneously.
Video standards conversions, frame rate conversions/corrections and resampling with smart batch processing
FootageStudio converts to and from any video standard in NTSC or PAL, SD or HD and performs NTSC/PAL conversions, using high-quality motion compensated algorithms. If the conversion changes the video aspect ratio, the final frame can be adjusted using a visual interface. The smart batch processing feature allows to import videos in mixed standards and formats, and convert all to any standard automatically in one click. For instance, the user can import videos in any format, like 1080p30,720p60,1080i25 or 720p30 and convert all automatically to any format, for instance 720p24 or 1080i30.
Transcode/encode to VC-3/DNxHD and other high quality edit-ready/mezzanine formats in 8-bit and 10-bit with timecode
FootageStudio enables users to produce top-quality videos in editing or mezzanine formats like VC-3/DNxHD or MJPEG. Simply load your videos, select the output format and get the fastest transcoding, up to 4 videos can be processed simultaneously. VC-3/DNxHD format is supported in 8-bit or upscaled to 10-bit. Any processing feature like denoiser or standards conversion can be applied before encoding to match your project settings or your final requirements.
Integrated video denoiser
FootageStudio integrates a pro video denoiser designed to remove the unwanted noise while preserving the video detail, producing a clean and smooth footage ready to edit or distribute. The video denoising is configured with an easy and automated visual interface.