Thread: Colour Grade

Default Colour Grade

Today my friend and I were going to film a short film, but due to a limited crew we had to do something else. In that progress we improvised a short video that I used to practice my colour grade. Also I screwed the setting on one of the last shots and it captured a overly bright shot.
    Any tips on how to improve my style or suggestions are welcomed.

Smalltown, Queensland

Hi Fredriov, not much to say about this clip, there were some nothing shots, and your sky was very overexposed on the tree shots. The framing seemed a bit cramped and I would have liked some wider shots to represent the open space. I didn't get the bubbles/flares, I think they were distracting in the end. The colours seemed flat, I'm no expert on grading, but it was a dull overcast day so maybe not the best conditions.

But you have portrayed some feeling in this, and conveyed a message quite well, which is more important than too many technical details

A sweet little piece. As Stripe said the sky is very blown out so much so you have lost half the branches. What did you do to try and prevent this ?

As for the grading, what look were you aiming for ?