Thread: Trial Music Vid

Default Trial Music Vid

This is a major project I have taken on for a Brisbane husband and wife duo. Major as in that I have written the plot, will be filming it, etc etc, and in my ignorance I have decided that the lady will be a fairy of about 4 inches tall and the guy will be a lumberjack at about 7 feet tall. Challenge yes.

This is a trial version to show how we can emulate a fairy type green screen subject alongside a real life person. It's had complications, but you may know, I have been learning how to get around them.

In the meantime, this is the trial sample. This will not be the finished product, but all comments and observations are welcome, so please slam me to the moon and back before I try to do it for real.

Cheers,

I found this very interesting, and perhaps relevent to a recent thread where I asked about merging 'real' and cgi images together. The lady on the stone (0:50) looks wonderful. May a little blur help reduce her sharpness, and thus appear more realistic against the background?

Nice job! I think it looks pretty damn good. I agree with Tim about a little more blending her in. Only other thing for me was the multiple quick fades sequence, I think quick cuts would fit better, and maybe end that sequence with a fade.

I don't know if adding blur would be right on this occasion. I think matching the contrast levels between the green screen shot and the main shot would be a better idea. At around 1:01 when he picks her up his hands are empty, perhaps a small mock up (doll) would fill that hole.

Cheers guys, I did try hard to match her into the scene, the keying almost worked too well, she is very brightly lit and well defined, and focused.

But being a shady forest shot kinda made it tricky. You don't want saturated dark or light, you want a mixture to represent forest shadow.

Sometimes think I would have been better to cast some shadow on her whilst filming - or does that sound crazy?

That might have worked but just reduce her over all contrast and she will match the rock she is "sat on" better or increase the contrast of the rock.