Thread: Questions! 2D? 3D? Programs? Need advice with a video, please

Question Questions! 2D? 3D? Programs? Need advice with a video, please

Hi! I need some advice, so, please, help me D=

I have to do my sister's wedding video. But I don't want to do a typical video with just pictures of her and her fiance, with... you know, some effects or anything like that. I have something else in mind.
    I want to do something like this:

This is my idea:
    I want to draw them like the little characters in the first video, each of them will be on a side of the screen, ok? and there will be like a wall or something in the middle separating both sides. I want to make them walk, and in the background I will put the pictures of them. At first they will be babies and they will grow up little by little depending on the pictures, etc. They will meet, the wall will break down and then they will walk together from that moment on. I'll keep on putting pictures on the background.
    So it's not just a simple walking animation, I also want them to move a litte bit and do things in certain moments, etc.

My questions:
    What program should I use? should I make it in 3D or in 2D?...What program do you think they used in those videos? xD "Alice in Musicland" video seems to be made in 3D, but with 2D characters, but I really have no idea xDD
    Anyway, do you know any program that I could use? It's the first time I try to animate something, and I need to make it soon (7 months), so I need it to be as easy as possible.

Thanks! =)

I suspect "Anime Studio" (http://anime.smithmicro.com/anime-pro.html) may be suitable.

Thanks! I'll try with that one =)

Anyway, if someone else has another idea please tell me =) any opinion is appreciated ~

Using video editing software (such as Sony Vegas, or Adobe Premiere), it is relatively easy to layer graphics on the screen, and to move them around left/right/up/down. That NLE software will also be used for editing the final video.
    A difficulty comes when wanting smoothly moving figures, or to have shadows. Even harder is to cope with objects moving forwards and backwards. For that reason, I use different software (Poser Pro) to create just the "moving" objects and people.

In "3d" software, the User can create different views by moving a 'virtual' camera within an imaginary 3d world. I don't think the 2 example clips did not use any of that. But, you may consider watching some YouTube videos/demos of Blender (www.blender.org), which might also get you interested in other forms of animation/cgi.

Yep, I was planning on using Sony Vegas for the final editing and stuff, at least I know how to use that program, so that's one less headache for me =P About the rest that you said, thanks a lot! =D I'll take a look to both Pose Pro and Blender and start practicing with them and with Anime Studio, which seems quite simple to use for now xD

Thanks for your time and your advices! =)
    Last edited by Iruno; 11-12-2013 at 11:16 PM.