Thread: How can I find a cameraman?

Default How can I find a cameraman?

I want to start my own YouTube channel doing pranks and talking to people on the street. I have started doing a few practice ones off camera with friends but I would like to start posting them on YouTube. All my friends are unwilling to film so I figured I need to find someone who would be willing to and also committed like me. My problem is that I am currently just about to turn 17 and I am still at school and I don't have a job. Therefore I can't afford to pay a cameraman. Is it possible to find someone who would work with me for free. As I am not paying them I am willing to allow them to be part of the channel and have a say in how it is run and what we film. I would also be happy if they wanted to be in the videos too. I have always liked photography and know how to use a camera and edit. It is just impossible for me to film these videos alone. If this person wanted to be in the videos as well I would be able to do filming too. I can also do the editing myself if it is needed.

I'm looking for someone who is more than just a cameraman ideally. More someone to start a channel with although if that person only wants to do camera work I don't mind. I would be willing to give the person a share of the money made from YouTube. I realize that this is a hard task to undertake and you cannot just assume you will succeed. I do not expect to make a living from this; I am mainly doing it for fun and as a hobby. I also have my own mic and am just about to purchase a DSLR. Can someone please give me advice on how to find someone and where to advertise (I realize this forum may not be the right place)? I am relatively new to this so I don't mind if the person is new/amateur. It would also be preferable if the person was around my age.

Here are some of the people who do similar things to what I want to do:

Thanks for your help,
    Adam Smalley

Sounds like you're looking for someone who already has this as a hobby and is looking for something to film for fun and experience. You're not going to find a pro willing to do this kind of thing for free.

The first thing you need to do is tell people where you are. No good someone in Australia saying I'll do it! if you're in Alaska for example.

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    Sounds like you're looking for someone who already has this as a hobby and is looking for something to film for fun and experience. You're not going to find a pro willing to do this kind of thing for free.

The first thing you need to do is tell people where you are. No good someone in Australia saying I'll do it! if you're in Alaska for example.
    Yes. I am looking for someone who is more of an amateur rather as I realize a professional would probably not do this kind of thing for free. Where could I find someone as this forum looks to be more for pro's than amateurs. By the way I live near London, England.

This forum is open to all levels, whether they be hobbyist or full time. You might find someone who might like to get stuck into this, why not contribute to some of the other threads? Maybe you and someone else will strike up a conversation which could lead to...

A new filming duo.

Are you still looking for a cameraman? I would love to help you film pranks, I have the full HD 1920x1080p panasonic HC-X900.
    This is my camcorder!
    Last edited by ODST; 06-25-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Well you need a fresh angle

you also need to forget about making money on youtube

you can film yourself easily - I've even done it myself a couple of times - just post your videos here and we can give you a few tips

In canada I could give you a few more pointers but since you are 17 and I don't know much about age laws in the UK I'll leave more detailed advice to my UK counterparts

I would check out your insurance in case the worst happens and you may need the permission of the person you are filming before posting

Der OSTD
    hi, i am Ali. I am thinking to make a short film. but i have no camera, neither i know how to use , so j am looking for someone who can work with me. free of course. IF YOU ARE in germany.
    thanks

hi, are u in Germany???

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Muhammad View Post
    Der OSTD
    hi, i am Ali. I am thinking to make a short film. but i have no camera, neither i know how to use , so j am looking for someone who can work with me. free of course. IF YOU ARE in germany.
    thanks
    do you have a phone?

If you got it in the last ten years, it probably has a camera

you're welcome