Thread: So, I'm a beginner

Default So, I'm a beginner

I just got Sony Vegas Pro recently, like few days ago. Been playing around till this day, well, what I want to know is, what kind of a proper presentable video can I start off as a beginner? Because I don't know like what kind of videos can/should I do as a beginner and to be able to present it to friends. Can't think of any, what are the videos that I can make as a beginner from the bottom and slowly move upwards?

Do you have a common hobby with your friends? That would be my starting point. Don't overdo fancy transition effect. Use one very simple one for standard cuts (if at all) and at maximum one more sophisticated one for transitions between major content change.

Hmm, no. None of my friends knows that I'm learning/using Sony Vegas Pro. Well, I recorded a game, but all I can do is edit it, not much fun there is to it, I want something that I can do from the start and when I finish it, i should feel very satisfied , if you get what I mean.

P/S - Another question - How do I add background of my text ? Like the text that I type it in using Text Media in Sony Vegas Pro, the background would be black, how do I add background I want into it? Still, I hope someone would give me some head start tip to start off on what kind of video should I be making.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryscent View Post
    Hmm, no. None of my friends knows that I'm learning/using Sony Vegas Pro.
    That's not what I meant. You will have to find something your friends find interesting. If the play soccer then film them on one of their matches. If they have animals film these. Are they into computer games, make a gaming video. You get the idea?

Why did you get Sony Vegas Pro ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Why did you get Sony Vegas Pro ?
    And how ?
    If you want to learn the basics, there are quite a few interactive tutorials even within the software.