Thread: Vegas Movie Studio 11; advice for newbie making horror-like movie?

Default Vegas Movie Studio 11; advice for newbie making horror-like movie?

Hey

Me and my friends are making a horror-like movie for French for school and we finished filming 3 days ago. Now I have to edit the movie, but I'm using Vegas for the first time, so I hope you understand that I ask these questions here. The movie (+/- 7 minutes long) is about 3 boys (me and my friends) who spend the night in an abandoned, haunted house to proof it's actually not haunted. But quickly we start to hear sounds and we get separated in the middle of the night. At this moment I have 2 burning questions, I don't have the time for experimenting with every option for this movie, so I'm just going to ask them:

- There is a supernatural thing in the house, kind of a ghost or demon, and I want to let it look like it interferes with the camera (the movie has a homemade effect). I've already found the video effects but I have no clue what I should use or do to let it look kinda professional, or at least quite good. I was thinking at adding noise, mess with the colors, ... But I don't really know...
    - I also want to have some sound interfering at the same time of the video interfering, like the voice of who's talking distorts or a high pitch or so. But I have no clue what all the sound effects mean...

Other advice that would work with my type of movie is always welcome too!!

There is an effect called TV simulator in Vegas. Just play around with the settings to get the look you are happy with. I can't help with the sound without an example from some where to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    There is an effect called TV simulator in Vegas. Just play around with the settings to get the look you are happy with. I can't help with the sound without an example from some where to listen to.
    An example of how it has to be you mean?
    And thanks, I will try the TV simulator effect.