I have just started using Studio 9.4 on a PC that was running audio production work just fine.

Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394 Mobo
Athlon XP 2600+ CPU
512MB Ram
Matrox G450 Dual Head AGP
Seagate ATA 40gig - boot
Seagate SATA 80gig x 2 - data
XP Pro SP2
AOpen 16 X DVD Writer

I have been successfully making DVD projects for the past month that run for around 1 hr comprising around 10 blocks of rendered mpeg files which were created in Studio and then re-loaded into the video track and rendered as a complete file. As I needed to frequently edit sections of the blocks I decided to split all the blocks up into individual files, totalling 80 individual mpeg renders. This is when my problems started. I render at 720x576 @ 6000 and when I select "create render" Studio thinks about it for around 15 secs or so and then crashes. If I remove 40 files it starts to render and after around 5 mins of rendering Studio again crashes. If I go back to my 10 blocks which is the sum of all the 80 files, all is fine. After each individual render I check each of the 80 files and all is well.

As my Page File Usage in Task Manager reflected a demand of 1.8 gig I figured that some extra ram might help. I replaced the 512MB with a single 1gig stick (DDR400 PC3200) but the problem remained. I have a second PC identical to the above and the same issues apply. I transferred the spare 512 ram stick to the second PC but problem remained. I am looking along the lines of playing with the Page File sizes but am not sure what the settings should be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin