Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My latest music video

Default My latest music video

Hi people, I've just finished work on a music video for a friend of mine.
    It's the first time I make something similar, I hope you like it, all constructive comments welcomed.
    The video was produced in Premiere Pro CS5.5, camera was a Canon Legria HF R306.
    Here you can find my previous works: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL18960019087CE2CB

Enjoy!

I am sure you put a lot of work into it and I really liked the intro but the rest of the video got a bit repetitive for me. I would have liked some more shots which show something else than the artist dancing in front of the camera. It would be preferable if these clips showed a story.

I found it all a bit too busy. There is too much going on, the problem with that is what is going on is of no real interest to me. As Ray said you have put a lot of work into this so well done for makeing as real effort BUT I think you are over compensating with the busy editing with what is essentially a dull video.

Very well made, it must have taken quite a while to edit up, but I agree with the others that there is so much going on so quickly, it ends up seeming repetitive and long. If it were a 2.5 minute song it would be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I am sure you put a lot of work into it and I really liked the intro but the rest of the video got a bit repetitive for me. I would have liked some more shots which show something else than the artist dancing in front of the camera. It would be preferable if these clips showed a story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I found it all a bit too busy. There is too much going on, the problem with that is what is going on is of no real interest to me. As Ray said you have put a lot of work into this so well done for makeing as real effort BUT I think you are over compensating with the busy editing with what is essentially a dull video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prolifik View Post
    Very well made, it must have taken quite a while to edit up, but I agree with the others that there is so much going on so quickly, it ends up seeming repetitive and long. If it were a 2.5 minute song it would be really good.
    First of all, thanks for your comments! This is the first time I receive very constructive comments about the video in an online forum!

I thought about the fact to be a little bit repetitive, so I tried to don't use the same effects and backgrounds many times, but reading your comments it seems that my attempt didn't work

Anyway, yes it has been a very long and difficult work for me, since it was the first time I used those VFX in Premiere Pro!

Thanks again for your comments guys! (and sorry for my bad english)

6. Default

Creative editing! You need to combine that editing with a bit of narrative (nothing complicated) anything that draws the viewer in and engages them (start, middle and end)
    Cheers
    Rob

I think the editing looked really strong. As I didn't understand the lyrics, I have no idea if the rap was any good so got bored and turned off. There could've been an amazing story in there for all I know!
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Fancy effects can't replace content. They can just spice it up (if not used excessively).

Blog Entries

Taking a slight swerve on what others have said, I suspect if I'd liked the track, the video would have been good enough not to have turned off. In other workds, people who already like the guy's music will not be put off by the vid, but it probably won't help make any new fans.
    Tim

What an incredible amount of work, rushes nightmare, cutting nightmare, editing nightmare, font selection nightmare, this is completely outrageous. I think you used every effect possible to the point where you even used blank screen as an effect, and gave us one second to breathe.

Amazingly creative, I know when something is great because it makes me feel like giving up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast