Thread: Adobe - Clipping Footage without shortening it! Advice please

Default Adobe - Clipping Footage without shortening it! Advice please

Hello everyone,

Say you have a clip that is an hour and you know you want the footage for example from 5,10, 25 and 35 minutes. Can you take the footage out without shortening the clip because if you have to clip it out, it will obviously shift the time where you knew it was when you watched the video?

I have a lot of videos where I watched the video, wrote down the time that I wanted footage from. It would be a shame if I had to watch the whole thing while editing to get the footage!

I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks

I am sorry. I do not understand the question. And, what Software and version are you using?

Perhaps the solution may either be related to how the Editor works (Premiere users will understand functions like 'ripple edit' etc). It may also be about a way to identify sections of video from a separate list (e.g. and EDL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit_decision_list).

Can you explain again what is wanted.

ffmpeg can get a portion from your video and write it to another file if this is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I am sorry. I do not understand the question. And, what Software and version are you using?

Perhaps the solution may either be related to how the Editor works (Premiere users will understand functions like 'ripple edit' etc). It may also be about a way to identify sections of video from a separate list (e.g. and EDL https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit_decision_list).

Can you explain again what is wanted.
    Okay.

Say I have a 30 minute video. I want to footage from 2minutes to 5 minutes (3 minutes long) I want to use it but if I use it does it mean that I have to clip it out the file on the timeline? because if I clip it out that means the video will how be 27 minutes long (due to using the 2-5 minute video) and what I want to find at 9 minutes will be now be at a different time to 9 minutes.

I want to be able to just copy out footage so I can't footage quickly at particular part of the video and not be search all day for the footage because the video keeps getting shorter and shorter due to being edited.

All none linier video editing is non destructive to the original footage. This means you can cut bit out that you don't want and render them out as a new file WITH A Different FILE NAME. The original file will not be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    All none linier video editing is non destructive to the original footage. This means you can cut bit out that you don't want and render them out as a new file WITH A Different FILE NAME. The original file will not be affected.
    Thank you