Thread: Music video director wanted by published pop artist (London, UK)

Position filled.
    Last edited by christianoshi; 02-14-2014 at 11:55 PM.

The song has been on Soundcloud for more than a year, and has had 1500 listens. Therefore none of what you say makes any sense.

Has the OP already got dancers, a choreographer, creative director, rehearsal room, refreshments, food and locations? It strikes me that rather more is required than simply a director who can operate a camera.
    I have seem many music videos where the 'director/operator/editor' is a single person. On location, with a group of performers, the results are generally disapointing because almost no-one is able to fulfil all these roles or demonstrate their talents.

Position filled.
    Last edited by christianoshi; 02-14-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christianoshi View Post
    It was released through an independent last year with little promotion, which is irrelevant to my post so what exactly makes no sense to you? Are you actually interested in the post or did you just set out to be facetious?
    It pays to do due diligence when you plan to invest a significant amount of free time and energy into a project. These are the types of question you'll be asked as people will want to gauge how serious and committed you are. There's nothing worse than doing something for free, only to realise that the person you're working for doesn't commit the same level of energy and passion.

Position filled.
    Last edited by christianoshi; 02-14-2014 at 11:56 PM.

It may seem old fashioned, but my concern is not for myself, but for others that may be tempted by this project.

There are a lot of questions that need answering, I'm sure I don't need to point them out, but for starters, 5 plays a day over a 12 month period is not hit single territory, and cannot justify the hype.

Ultimately I would say you think this song needs a kickstart and you are thinking to make a video, submit it to MTV etc and hoping the world will open up. You don't want to invest in that, so you see this as an ideal way to attempt something. But I don't see any respect coming from you. For instance, I think a genuine offer would mention something along the lines of paying the 'director' 5% of future sales. That wouldn't hurt you if it's what you say it's going to be, but I don't see that offer, I just see you taking for nothing.

Be like that if you wish, but I'll point it out, and people can make their own minds up.

Position filled.
    Last edited by christianoshi; 02-14-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christianoshi View Post
    I bid you farewell.
    That would be a shame. I was hoping, one day to see the resulting video. I truly believe it would be beneficial to continue reading these Forums. Indeed, there are several music video get posted in the "User Videos" section where your knowledge and experience may be of help to other readers. Many of the subjects covered in these Forums appear to be exactly the areas where you are interested. For example, you asked for "creative ideas the song may inspire in you". That could made a very interesting thread in the "Cinematography" section.
    Having taken the trouble to introduce yourself, it would be a shame not to tap into the enormous amount of skills/talent/experience which your can read in these Forums.