Thread: Amazing Lily Gardens in 3D

1. Lightbulb Amazing Lily Gardens in 3D

Here is my latest stereoscopic 3D YouTube video.
    It's a montage of stereo stills (taken with a Lumix 3D1) set to classical
    music (courtesy of YouTube's audio library) Editing was done with Sony
    Movie Studio 12 Platinum. I really tried to maximize the 3D without
    hurting peoples eyes. If your using colored (anaglyph) glasses I recommend
    at least 720p resolution and "optimized" dubois for the best results.
    I am attaching a couple of images that show the menus in the gear icon
    below the video to help viewers find those settings. Questions and comments
    are welcome, let me know what you think.
    ytplayer1.jpegytplayer2.jpeg

Very interesting. Thank you for posting. I also use a Lumix to create 3d images, but never put them together into a clip.
    I am a red/cyan user. I thought some of the images were very attractive, but many of the shots looks extremely similar to each other. YT is not very kind to video image quality; at 720 it started looking blurry and at 1020 (full screen) is really did not look nice. A shame, because this kind of 3d clip requires the best playback system (in addition to having the quality glasses).
    I wonder what could be done about the transitions. Whilst simply blurring the image is normally an acceptable transition, it seems to lose its impact where the transitioning between two 3d shots. It looks like a blurry fog.
    I also noticed the order in which the photos were shown. There seemed to be a definite effort to show a variety of things. But, in the end; I was not left with an understanding of the size of the gardens or it's layout. As a result, I liked some of the images, but I was not any wiser at the end.

I'm not a 3D user or fan but I thought the way to get the best out of it was to have movement. As this is a slide show it didn't really work for me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Very interesting. Thank you for posting. I also use a Lumix to create 3d images, but never put them together into a clip.
    I am a red/cyan user. I thought some of the images were very attractive, but many of the shots looks extremely similar to each other. YT is not very kind to video image quality; at 720 it started looking blurry and at 1020 (full screen) is really did not look nice. A shame, because this kind of 3d clip requires the best playback system (in addition to having the quality glasses).
    I wonder what could be done about the transitions. Whilst simply blurring the image is normally an acceptable transition, it seems to lose its impact where the transitioning between two 3d shots. It looks like a blurry fog.
    I also noticed the order in which the photos were shown. There seemed to be a definite effort to show a variety of things. But, in the end; I was not left with an understanding of the size of the gardens or it's layout. As a result, I liked some of the images, but I was not any wiser at the end.
    Hi Tim, thanks for watching and taking the time to respond. You should definitely put some of those 3D images from your Lumix into a montage, it's a great way to showcase stereo stills. Use the best video quality your system can handle while viewing 3D videos on YouTube, @ full screen HD is a must because the video loses resolution being (half side by side) frame packed. Actually the images are from 3 different local gardens that are cared for by a volunteer group called "Friends of the Garden". Blurring in 3D video is considered taboo according to some, it had been suggested to me that .5 second crossfade works best with these types of projects. On a passive polarized monitor the cross-blur transition doesn't bother me, but not everyone has the same viewing setup.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm not a 3D user or fan but I thought the way to get the best out of it was to have movement. As this is a slide show it didn't really work for me.
    Thanks for watching and taking time to respond I have in the past used pan & zoom effects, but this time I wanted to let the images be still so viewers could look around in each scene.