Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I've been working on lately (shameless propaganda)

Default What I've been working on lately (shameless propaganda)

Hey guys. Finally decided to take advantage of the small piece in the description saying "An opportunity to bang on about your latest video or production". So, I've been working on a short film titled "The Irredeemables".

Coming soon (2013)

Whether you have noticed it or not, I have always tried to incorporate the feedback you have given me to the next project I'm working on. Around the time of Doppelgänger you mentioned it might be time to ditch the non-verbal narrative and try to bring back vocal acting. Other thing that has constantly been mentioned is getting other people involved in the projects, aka getting more actors. Among other things that have been popping up is giving greater emphasis to plot and lesser to VFX. I have tried improve many of these aspects with The Irredeemables.

The Irredeemables is roughly 11 minutes long short film inspired by The Roadside Picnic and especially it's deriative works (S.T.A.L.K.E.R game series). For those unfamiliar with the setting, it takes place after fictional "second" nuclear accident in Chernobyl area, essentially bringing some supernatural elements and whole bunch of human greed together in a bit like modern wild west setting.

There has been total of seven people working on the project, which includes four actors, one voice actor, a composer and old acquaintance who lended some gear for us. It is longer than my usual videos, but more actors allowed for many more things to be included. It has been both great and logistically challenging to work with both old and new people. The short will be scored by David J. St-Hill (www.djshmusic.com), making it our second collaboration.

Most of the work is already done and the largest portion missing is David finishing his soundtrack. The pieces he has written so far have been very good. After his work is done, I expect to be able to release the film in very little time.

i'd like to thank you for the feedback you have given me in past, I hope you'll enjoy The Irredeemables once it's finished. I have posted plentyful amount of sceenshots and other sneak-peaks in Twitter and Google+, for those who might have account there.

I am looking forward to it

If it's up to your usual standard with the add stuff from our suggestions it should be film of the year.

liking the sound of this....
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Looks awesome

6. Default

Sounds very good! I'm going to check out your earlier videos, this story has made me curious...

Just heard from our composer, I should be able to hear the full soundtrack by the end of the week. Predicts good as far as release dates go...

MovieWitch, prepare for very varied quality if you delve too deep into my older videos... I usually try to collect the better ones to my channels frontpage under the "Recommended" section.

Quote Originally Posted by SSCinema View Post
    David finishing his soundtrack. The pieces he has written so far have been very good.
    May I be inquisitive? Do you simply give the composer some details about what is required, or does he compose whilst being able to watch the relevant footage?
    In the past, I have asked composer for, e.g. "28 secs of Scottish battle music". But I am thinking they might prefer to compose with reference to video. The disadvanage is the time delay - because the composer can't start until the clip (or section of the video) is ready.

Sure, Tim. In the earlier stages of the production I provided with him stills from the movie and description of the plot/main events to give him idea of atmosphere and look of the film. He then send me some idea cues so we can agree on the sound of the film. This time his cues happened to be pretty spot on, very much what I had hoped, so there was no need to go back and forth with ideas and improvements.

As I had done most of my work, I provided him with more or less finished footage he can start working on. For example the battle scene was finished prior to vocal recordings, so he could start work on that whilst I still tried to agree on dates with my voice actor. After that it has been more a question of whether I like approaches he has taken to different parts, giving some input and feedback etc.

Hello again.

I've been away for some time and even had to take a break from the project for a while. There were some setbacks in the soundtrack department, so the score is still not quite finished, but is being worked on. It would seem that we missed our planned 2013 release, but here is a very short teaser trailer to make up for it. Wont give you all that much idea of the plot, but gives a quick look at the characters and setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7RAD7LTJ_4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast