Thread: exporting event timestretching as velocity to after effects cs6 (sony vegas 12)

Default exporting event timestretching as velocity to after effects cs6 (sony vegas 12)

Im using sony vegas 12 build 563 and after effects cs6.

Goal: Import a sony vegas project into after effects while keeping timestretch properties.

Iv already tried exporting as protocol compliant AAF file(.aaf) and as EDL txt file(.txt). But when i import the file into after effects the clips are perfectly where i placed them using sony vegas (relative to the audio track) however the clips go back to regular speed (pre-vegas stretch) and it fills the gaps between clips like this:
    (click picture to enlarge)
    ae timeline.jpg
    As u can see after effects fills the gaps with a copy of the previous clip until it reaches the next clip. Those 4 layers that have a red arrow pointing to them are not in the the original sony vegas timeline:
    (click picture to enlarge)
    vegas timeline.jpg
    All im doing in vegas is splitting, stretching and syncing clips to music. I dont care about exporting fades, color curves, pan, crop or anything else as long as the clips stretch all the way to where i want them to.
    Maybe there is a sony vegas script out there that does the job? (i dont even know if you can use scripts on vegas lol jst putting it out there)
    I also dont mind if the method you show me is difficult or simple or even if i have to get a "middle man" program (e.g., premiere pro or something of the sort). Im also open to using a different file format.
    Basically im open to trying ANYTHING, as long as it works.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

Extra info that might help:
    (click pictures to enlarge)

sony vegas project settings
    sony vegas project settings.jpg

after effects composition settings
    after effacts comp settings.jpg

pro import settings
    pro import after effects comp and layers settings.jpg

I found much better way so im gonna leave it here in case someone with the same issues finds this post. I gave up on the sony vegas/after effects workflow and am using premiere pro cs6/ after effects since premiere is as close as u can get to vegas without actualy using vegas ... all you have to do after u are done organizing the flow of you project in premiere is draw a lasso around ur timeline after everything is selected jst copy and paste it into ur composition in after effects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK6zJ1I8A4c

Blog Entries

Hi Kelvin, Sorry you didn't receive a reply or suggestions to overcoming your issue using the Vega/AE combination. My guess is it's not somnething any of us here have tried so any posts would be speculative.
    Thanks fpor coming back and taking the trouble to post your answer.
    Tim

no problem tim

Although I've not used your V>AE workflow, I've used to my benefit "Frameserver" by Satish Kumar.

http://www.debugmode.com/frameserver/

thank you very much grazie ... but it turns out premiere is jst like vegas but 20x better (at lest imo) so i dont think i will be going back to vegas ... but hopefully it will be usefull to some1 else