Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video is blurry when rendered

Exclamation Video is blurry when rendered

Hey everyone. I've noticed that my video going in looks nice and sharp, but after rendering it gets blurry and weird. I posted a music video for my band on YouTube and it's not bad enough to take down, but I know it could definitely be better. What am I doing wrong?

Here's a pic of my settings on the video going in (I clicked "match media settings")

Vegas Pro IWW.jpg

Here's a pic of the rendering settings:

Sony Vegas PRO IWW R.jpg

And here's the YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUWOXVZMiU

Typical Internet bs - I suggest waiting for night or Blucher to come

Although I found my results are better if I turn off stabilization
    Last edited by zamiotana; 10-16-2013 at 02:20 AM.

I don't know if this will make a difference to the result but it's the only things I can think of at the moment. In the project properties set the pixel format to 32-bit floating point just before you render. Make sure the rendering quality is set to best in the rendering settings. Change the average bps from 12Mbs to 25Mbs. Right click on all the video events and select properties, then select disable resample. Don't shoot at 120fps unless you are going to use the result for slow mo.

Hmm - it appears that your problem starts before the youtube upload in which MBs comments are perfectly sensible

Is any of your input footage at a different resolution than the output?

Yeah, I'll try his suggestions. My input I believe is 1080p and output is the same, if that's what you're asking.

I don't know Vegas that well but I am wondering if the Gaussian blur on the input settings might have something to do with it - the camera is very shaky so the software may be trying to "improve" your video when in fact it is corrupting it - your problems would probably go away if you use a tripod

Have you tried changing the frame rate on your project to 60fps and your frame rate to 60p when rendering? The frame rate of your project settings are 4x the amount of your render output......120fps>29.7...... Thats about the only thing I could see.

Gaussian blur sounds a bit radical hey Zam? I don't have this option on my lowly Vegas Platinum (or whatever), but I do know that Gaussian blur only needs about 10% in FX settings to totally mess up a screen

I would like to know what other options are in that dropdown.

Yeah, I can see how that could be an issue haha. Alright, I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I don't know Vegas that well but I am wondering if the Gaussian blur on the input settings might have something to do with it - the camera is very shaky so the software may be trying to "improve" your video when in fact it is corrupting it - your problems would probably go away if you use a tripod
    That Gaussian Blur (Motion Blur) is a project setting and nothing to do with input (ie it has not been affected when OP clicked "Match Media Settings" - which, unsurprisingly, makes the project settings the same as the media).
    This particular setting only has any effect on rendering and then only if motion blur is switched on. Motion Blur is off by default and, IIRC, cannot be set on on individual tracks, only on output busses or on the output (Master) bus, so unless the OP has been playing around it is highly unlikely this has anything to do with the problem.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast